Tokarev TT-33

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kestak, Jul 1, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I found a batch of Tokarev TT-33 7.62x25 that look quite nice. What do you think of those guns? Any bad feedback? I like the fact they are the same caliber than the two CZ-52 that I have (And it is fun like hell to shot the CZ-52) and I won't have to stock another caliber.

Thank you

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good Gun

I hear the original T33 was an excellent and reliable gun in this original caliber chambering. The commercially-made guns in 9mm made for the civilian export market tend to be less reliable, possibly do to additional safety mechanisms they must have to be importable here. Does yours have any additional parts that the proven Soviet design did not call for?

I have fired a Tokarev in 9mm. The gun is very slim and fits my hand well. It's heavy with a long sight radius, which makes for good accuracy and little muzzle rise. If it were reliable, I would have loved it. The safety was very awkward and slow to use. If I were to carry one concealed for protection, it would be in condition 2 or 3, but not "cocked and locked."

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I know the handgun is of the origial military design. No other parts. Moreover, it would not be my CCW weapon, but just a nice one to have, like my CZ-52s.

Thank you

4. DKing

DKing New Member

Get it, if there's more then one tell me where they are. I'd love to have a real russian one.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

What I want to know if when are you opening the museum/gun shop Kestak?
    From your posts it sounds like you buy more damn guns then 1/2 our armed forces do!

6. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Nah! I don't have so many guns. Here is a link to a picture of those that I have in stock right now:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kestak/RomakAndCZ52

I am awaiting a Nagant 91/30, nagant pistol (for the fun of it), a 24/47 and I am supposed to receive today a new unissued SKS. I am still thinking about that TT33 and the Raging bull and The Judge...

Thank you