Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Toddler Found Wandering On Busy Road

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Mike from Philly 
Malum Prohibitum said:
I wonder about parents who put their kids in places like this, anyway.

How is THAT for stirring it up? :D
(bolding added)
Oh I agree. Anyone putting their kids in a craptastic day care that lets kids wander away and has a documented bad record doesn't deserve their kids. Find a way to get them to a better place. You had em so now take responsibility for them. Oh, oppps. I went and used the "R" word. Can't be doing that. Not now a days....

Now if you are talking about child care facilities in general & why would someone relenquish their offspring to such a place... well I'd be happy to not do that if you will pay my wife (or me!) to stay at home with the child so we can continue to pay for the mortgage & the retirement and the insurance and the gas & electricity and school and clothes and food. :?

And I make a pretty good living (though not the CRAZY sums of cash you laywer types hual in) :lol: and my wife still has to work. We certainly aren't just scrapping by like some folks. I don't understand how some people make it now a days...

iwb32 said:
Why is it that a majority of folks are willing to relinquish a significant portion of the responsibility of child-rearing over to daycares or government institutions while others work hard to ensure that a parent or both parents are able to stay at home with the kids? Some work multiple jobs, make career changes, start their own business, make lifestyle changes, etc., just to be able to ensure parental child-rearing.
True. But I don't really see raising a child that only sees one parent a right either. I know that if my wife were to quit work to be a stay at home mom (we won't even pretend that I could do that, we couldn't feed ourselves on her teacher's salary, much less 3 of us) I would have to keep my current 7 - 4 job and get another 40hr a week job to make ends meet and live in the fashion to which we are accustomed and the manner that I want to bring my child up in. My child would never see his father.

Now if you could expect a 1/2 way good education from public schools (or if I didn't have to pay taxes to fund those public centers for indoctrination) so I didn't have to pay for a private school so my child could get a quality education it might be possible. If I wasn't having to put up money for an extremely expensive college education for my child it might be possible. If I didn't want the finer things in life for my child it mght be possible.

In short a little investigative work with the BBB, and serious review of local child day care establishments along with some asking around at your church and with friends with kids and it should be feasible to find a place that you can trust to take care of your kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.