·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why were you there :?:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
I remember hearing those famous words through the womb of me ma. Later that year in December, I was born and jokingly mocked as I came into the world, "that's one small step..."

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My grandmother and I watched it. She told me she remembered reading a newspaper article about the Wright brother's first flight when she was a child.

Think about what has changed in our lifetimes and try to imagine what will happen in the next 20 or 50 or 100 years...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I told my wife this was one of those defining moment in my life. I was too young to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis or the JFK assassination. but I remember this like yesterday.
There was another moment about the same time in my life. I was watching Walter Cronkite talking about how many soldiers died today in the war in Vietnam. I wondered if I would wind up there. The war was over by the time I was out of school.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Well, I come from a family of Highlanders, but to say that I am THE Highlander would be a bit of a stretch.
I thought there could only be one?

·
Registered
997 Posts
well i wasn't even a twinkle in my daddy's eye in 1969. My first big world event I remember was the collapse of the berlin wall. I remember watching it on TV with my grandmother that was from germany

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
glockgirl said:
well i wasn't even a twinkle in my daddy's eye in 1969. My first big world event I remember was the collapse of the berlin wall. I remember watching it on TV with my grandmother that was from germany
I spent some time in Berlin in the early 80's. I'd love to go back to see the changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts