Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Is this true, Leonard?
In fact, I would wager that the unlawful revocation of his permit, will serve as material evidence supporting his suit.

Either way, what is "in the past", will come out as his entire case is hinged upon the illegal revocation of his permit by using entry C of 1340-2-4-.15.
kwikrnu said:
How can I know that?
How can you know whether your case is indeed hinged upon actions against your permit and that what is "in the past" will come out in the Constitutional challenge trial? I guess because it is your case. I'll just rely on your previous statement where you say:
kwikrnu said:
...This lawsuit has little to do with my permit, I am asking an unconstitutional law, tca 39-17-1307(a)(1), be declared unconstitutional.
Thanks...just trying to clear up conflicting comments.

Oh, and this person says you do have legal counsel for this case. That's good, although it conflicts with what you said a couple days ago.

Anyway, as Malum Prohibitum said, get everything in order. It should be easier on you now that you have legal counsel. :righton:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
RussP said:
Is this true, Leonard?
In fact, I would wager that the unlawful revocation of his permit, will serve as material evidence supporting his suit.

Either way, what is "in the past", will come out as his entire case is hinged upon the illegal revocation of his permit by using entry C of 1340-2-4-.15.
kwikrnu said:
How can I know that?
How can you know whether your case is indeed hinged upon actions against your permit and that what is "in the past" will come out in the Constitutional challenge trial? I guess because it is your case. I'll just rely on your previous statement where you say:
kwikrnu said:
...This lawsuit has little to do with my permit, I am asking an unconstitutional law, tca 39-17-1307(a)(1), be declared unconstitutional.
Thanks...just trying to clear up conflicting comments.

Oh, and this person says you do have legal counsel for this case. That's good, although it conflicts with what you said a couple days ago.

Anyway, as Malum Prohibitum said, get everything in order. It should be easier on you now that you have legal counsel. :righton:
I don't have an attorney, have not any attorney for advice, and have received none.

kwikrnu said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
... you need to get the judge to rule on your own MSJ.
Why should I motion for summary judgment if I want to go to trial?
Why is going to trial your goal? Shouldn't your goal be to win your case?

If you want to win, you need to file a MSJ. I'm assuming that you would agree that the Tennessee statute is unconstitutional either on its face, or based on actions the state has taken that it does not dispute. If so, filing a MSJ gives you a better chance to win. It allows the judge to either grant you what you want without going to trial, or denying your MSJ and going to trial.

Why would you deny yourself an extra opportunity to win you case? So you can grandstand in a courtroom? If you are truly trying to win your case, you'd file a MSJ.

I wish you all the luck in the world Leonard but not lawyering up is a bad move imho.

sent from my h4x0r3d capybara using my brain and thumbs.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
What is the worst that can happen? I lose and I have no constitutional right to bear arms w/o a permit in Tennessee? :shattered: I might even grow tired of people saying I have no right to bear arms and not show up for the trial November 9. :lol: In any case if the lawsuit doesn't work out I move to Georgia and carry in Tennessee under any of my current permits. :lol:

kwikrnu said:
What is the worst that can happen? I lose and I have no constitutional right to bear arms w/o a permit in Tennessee? :shattered: I might even grow tired of people saying I have no right to bear arms and not show up for the trial November 9. :lol: In any case if the lawsuit doesn't work out I move to Georgia and carry in Tennessee under any of my current permits. :lol:
It sounds like TN sucks pretty bad. TN also can't make whiskey half as good as KY. :p

kwikrnu said:
Oh well...

Leonard, someone posted that you said, "In other news I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday stating the case had been continued. I need to get in touch with him about that."

Someone requested a continuance of the constitutional challenge November 9 trial? That's still a long ways out.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
RussP said:
Leonard, someone posted that you said, "In other news I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday stating the case had been continued. I need to get in touch with him about that."

Someone requested a continuance of the constitutional challenge November 9 trial? That's still a long ways out.
Radnor Lake

kwikrnu said:
RussP said:

Radnor Lake
Thank you...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.