Tis the season

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by The Chili Pros, Dec 17, 2010.

1. The Chili Pros

The Chili Pros New Member

I started this a few years ago, when it got close to Christmas, I will give our waitress/waiter a hundred dollars minus what our food bill was. I just got back from a local steak house and made the day of our waitress.

I have done this for about 5 years now and still remember the time that I was in Wall Mart, I seen this lady counting coins on a isle to see if she had enough to get what she had in her hand. I had been following her for a while and knew she was in need of money help, so I decide that year verses the serving staff, I would help out this lady. I got the 100 out and waited for her back to be turned and came up behind her. I acted like I was picking it up and asked if she dropped it? The dang woman said YES, I will never do this again and will always stick to wait staff.

Tonight was very fun :righton:

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

My wife and I did that last Christmas to a waitress at Waffle House. This year we can't afford to, but maybe next Christmas will be more fortunate for us. :righton:

3. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

I remember reading a story about a guy who went to a wal-mart (or target) and bought several thousand dollars worth of gift cards. He went outside and started handing them out ro people who were coming into the store. He ended up being booted from the property by the store manager.

4. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Well, I hope you didn't give the 100 to the woman after she lied like that.

5. The Chili Pros

I did, I didn't want to ruin the mood. I thought about what may happen? I was prepared either way, so I dont do that anymore.

6. The Chili Pros

To keep with my thread, my wife works with a single mom, she pays her bills as best she can and works every day. Her daughter will get a Christmas, but not from her. I have chosen her for my next donation. I will be giving her 100.00 for her 9 yr old daughter.

I started this thread not to brag, but to help those we know need helping.

I got a huge bonus from work and would gladly give it all, to people that I know needed help

I will resurect this thread, next year and start a pay it forward kinda thing.
    Giving to people that need it is so fun.

7. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

You know, it would be kinda cool to set up some type of account people could donate to throughout the year. Do something like half the money that is collected is distributed though out (State/Nation) to random people. The other half would be donated to one person. People could write an essay or something and say why they think their friend/person they know, etc deserves the money.

Thoughts?

8. The Chili Pros

I would like to keep it in GA for now.
    I want those people that you never hear about to be on that list. The ones that work, and try hard to provide for their families.
    My wife was one of those, she was single and raising 2 kids and made more than allowed to get help. Thats one of the biggest reasons I do this today.

I just had a fantastic idea, win/win I will post later after I check on this. feel free to chat about this if you would like