tires for the Jeep

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by a_springfield, Dec 26, 2010.

1. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

ok, I have finally decided what lift I am getting for my jeep, it will be a 3.25" RC suspention lift with the 1.25" body (even though it says not for the 6 speed) and a 1" MML. for a total of 4.5" (I might not use the .75" spacers and just get 3.75" not sure). My Fiancées parents got me a set of pro comp series 52 15x8 wagon wheels for Christmas :D . I can not decide between the Cooper Discoverer STT, the Dunlop Mud Rover, or the BFG KM2. any first hand experiance would be appreciated

2. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

I have the 32' Cooper Discoverer STT on my 84 CJ-7. No complaints. I also had a set of 33' on my 97TJ. My next set will also be STTs.
    [​IMG]

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

:love:
    I am leaning to the STT is $870 for 4 a decent price?

4. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Thats sounds like what I paid. I'll try to find them. Something like East Coast Tires

5. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

6. Hawkdriver

Hawkdriver Member

I ran the Dunlop mud rovers on Jeep many years ago and they were ok. Price point was excellent. Didn't wheel much with them much. They were quick to load up in mud and were tough to self clean with wheel spin. Sidewalls were pretty thin, but I didn't run them in rocks much to gauge a true opinion. On road ride was quiet, and they lasted to slicks at about 35k with rotating every 12k.

I have run the KM2's on just about everything since they came out and the original BFG MT's before that. Other than trying a set of the newer Goodyear MTR Kevlars, I will stick with the KM2's. They run quiet on the street, provide great traction in the rain as far as mud tires go and are awesome in the rocks. I haven't run them in alot of mud as that's not my thing, but what I did run they seemed to clean out quite quickly.

I have about 20k on a set now with about half tread left. I rotate every 6k.

KM2's run small in advertised size however. For example, 33's ran about 32.5 in reality.

Also, running spacers and larger springs might make the ride a little more harsh depending on the brand spring. Also I have seen firsthand some variation of life due to sagging in both Rough Country and Pro-comp brand springs to name a few. I have experienced great customer service from RC in the past however, so your mileage may vary if there are any problems.

None the less, enjoy the Jeep! I would offer to help turn wrenches, but out soon for another deployment.

7. MyFred

MyFred Banned

That jeep is so cool lookin' it really sticks out....is that a landing strip in the background????

8. JMan

JMan New Member

I assume he has horses