Tired of Covid crap

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mountainman444, Sep 3, 2020.

1. DKW

DKW Active Member

I am a DoD civil service employee and they sent us an email yesterday asking who would want to volunteer for receiving the vaccine. they are prioritizing by job criticality and health risk conditions.

I put my name in the bucket. don't know if I will be selected though.

2. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Is this for one of the two that are expected to get approval in December, or could this be for phase 3 trials of additional vaccines being developed ? I'm kind of suprised that that "job criticality" would be a factor in determining priority.

3. DKW

DKW Active Member

For the actual vaccine, not for trials.

You have to remember, this is DoD stuff, so they are put priority of job criticality and making sure the mission is accomplished more than health risk. Sort of like health care workers and 1st responders will get the vaccine before people with health issues would.

BTW, I doubt I would get picked.

4. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I see, thanks.

I guess I would be surprised if anyone gets the vaccine in December that is not a first responder or health care professional. All of those people should absolutely get it before anyone else. Then what I have seen kind the next priority in most conversations is for people over the age of 65 or with preexisting conditions. With the exception of Colorado where the governor wants to prioritize crooks and felons that are in prison next. I mean if you can't protect your crooks and felons, who can you protect ? If they really cared about those people they would have let them out of prison like California did !

5. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

I think it is valid to consider the criticality of a job to prioritize, and defense personnel would be high on my list, with active duty at the top.

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

It is a safety precaution for guards and their families as well as 8th amendment compliance in much the same manner that prisons have showers, sewer systems, and dumpsters. I do not think Colorado possesses higher housing density anywhere else in the state (or CONUS for that matter) but feel free to post a link if I’m misinformed. The only other option for 8A compliance is probably turning inmates loose but that’s likely less favorable politically and economically speaking.

7. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

He needs to follow the order set out by the CDC and so should every other state !

8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

9. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

The CDC can't order, only recommend as I understand. It's up to the departments of health to implement their guidelines.

10. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Well nowhere that I have seen has the CDC said "critical populations" are second in line to get the vaccine. My point is that if they do not prioritize it in that order then he needs to follow the order set out by the CDC.

11. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Actually from what I have heard today, it is up to the governor of each state to implement what he wants regardless really of what the CDC says.

12. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Flip to page 11 on that same link. If you are going to rant about someone following or not following the CDC playbook, maybe take a moment and review the CDC playbook?

13. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I'm
    I'm not going to bring to your attention his smart @$$ comment that inspired my retort. I mean you already know of it and you are very prejudicial/biased in your dictates around here in my humble opinion.
    I will try to be nicer to your friends

14. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Your petite feelings are of no concern to me although I am glad that I made you feel better.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If you got arrested (let's assume you are innocent - maybe you would be shocked how easy it is to get arrested, maybe you had melted cotton candy in your car) and forced to stay overnight or several nights - or months like some persons - locked up in tight quarters in overcrowded conditions, maybe you would change your tune.

The government is forcing them to be in these conditions. It should do what it can to alleviate this risk.

phantoms likes this.
  16. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I did read it,

But what I'm trying to tell you is that the CDC is voting this very minute to determine the order, I don't care what the book says.

I don't think this is a rant or a rave.

17. Malum Prohibitum

I'd just like to see some civil discourse around here. No need to get all bitchy about it. I do not recall as I am posting right now what the "smart @$$ comment" was or who made it, so, so much for your "bias" and "friends" comments that made you feel justified.

All the nastiness back and forth makes the forum difficult to read for everybody else, that is all.

18. Malum Prohibitum

LOL! I did go back and look though. I'll let you contact Wegahe himself and ask him his opinion of whether he and I are "friends."

Look, Bkite, no need to play the victim, here. You can debate without being personal. In fact, it is the only way to debate. The personal attacks are logical fallacies, which mean you are no longer actually debating. Fact.

19. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Nope, not changing my tune. And you almost can't get an overnight stay in a jail right now if you are not convicted and sentenced. So, they still don't belong as high priorities for the vaccine....period !

The government is not forcing them to be in these conditions.

20. Malum Prohibitum

It took me a while, and I did not receive a biochemistry or medical degree this afternoon, but it looks to me like mRNA being injected does not actually change your genetics or alter your genes or create a genetically modified organism.

Hopefully somebody more informed than I can possibly be using Google in one solitary day can come along and confirm or dispel the sentence above.