Tired of Covid crap

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mountainman444, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Since I am well over the 65 mark and considered to be in the high risk group I should hope to be in the first or second distribution of the vaccine. I should be able to let you know in plenty of time to allow for you to make your own decision.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The usual proper testing method is ridiculously long and costly. On average it takes a decade from discovery to approval and more than two and a half billion dolares.

http://phrma-docs.phrma.org/sites/default/files/pdf/rd_brochure_022307.pdf

ten years

On average, it takes at least ten years for a new medicine to complete the journey from initial discovery to the marketplace, with clinical trials alone taking six to seven yearson average. The average cost to research and develop each successful drug is estimated to be $2.6 billion.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Yes the usual "proper testing method" is ridiculously long and costly. However many road block in the usual and proper that have little to do with the effective and safe confirmation were removed so this vaccine could more at a rapid rate. Such as the roadblock that required 6 years of animal testing prior to seeking approval for human testing. Which by the way would normally take 2 to 3 years just to get said approval for human testing if they approved it within that time. That does not make it unsafe or ineffective. All it means is years were stripped away here and there that have been unnecessary all along. The same kind of junk regulations that can make even adding or rebuilding a deck take years to push through getting the permit.

So yes I will get it as soon as it becomes available to me. I will also let everyone know the details about side effects and everything else anyone wants to ask about it.

4. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

I could see the process being stripped down to five years. But when you're deploying a new vaccine, that is the first of its type of vaccine, you don't get a real chance to look for side effects. Especially since this one MODIFIES YOUR CELLS PERMANENTLY! You're basically becoming a genetically-modified organism. While I'm not someone who blindly opposes GMOs, I am all for caution, caution which isn't being exhibited here!

5. Malum Prohibitum

False claim, Clark.

6. Hombre

Hombre PITA

I think I read (with a microscope) on a warning label on a microchip, that they cause cancer in the state of California.

There is a microchip in every vaccination, I do believe. :mrgreen:

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And if it kills you we will think good thoughts about your intent.

Nemo

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

It will take to next year to get that chip operational and armed. In the meantime, to get everyone used to it, its noted on your passport file.

And FYI, that microchip has an explosive to blow up inside you and kill you at the push of a button. Probably won't die right off but you will bleed out.

But of course that would never happen here. It only for use in Iran, Russia, China and NorK.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/covid-19-passport-travelers-vaccine

9. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

What is? It's an mRNA vaccine, and the first one ever deployed. It then delivers the mRNA to the cell which reprograms itself to produce antigens.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Apparently so.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sc...what-is-mrna-covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-moderna/

Very interesting

“We humans don’t need to intellectually work out how to make viruses; our bodies are already very, very good at incubating them. When the coronavirus infects us, it hijacks our cellular machinery, turning our cells into miniature factories that churn out infectious viruses. The mRNA vaccine makes this vulnerability into a strength. What if we can trick our own cells into making just one individually harmless, though very recognizable, viral protein? The coronavirus’s spike protein fits this description, and the instructions for making it can be encoded into genetic material called mRNA.”

11. Malum Prohibitum

I wonder why they do not just make the coronavirus spike protein with e choli or something and then inject it into humans?

It seems like modifying e choli to produce these would be easier than modifying our own cells to do so.

12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

To give any serious talk about a vaccine is to accept the premise that this whole Covid 19 thing is a thing on the magnitude that it is being spun to be. I have read various and sundry numbers from various and sundry sources. I work with a high risk population. There is not one number, not one, that convinces me that this is a health care crisis. I do believe that it is a sociopolitical crisis on a scale never known before.

Clark likes this.
  13. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I suspect something like this will happen on a 10-20 year horizon and vaccines will work more like socket wrenches or replaceable tip screw drivers. A local facility could grab the appropriate “handle” and snap on a few proteins based on patient need/local advisement/test results then hit the go button and dispense 5-500 doses in short order. We just don’t have the toolbox to do so yet but the speed at which rapid testing is evolving means we aren’t too far off.

14. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Hospitals running out of ICU beds and renting reefer boxes to stack bodies in like cord wood is an indicator of something atypical. And by atypical, I mean I don’t recall similar events across the US in the past 40 years.

15. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

"Just another flu shot?" With all the lies thrown at us for almost a year by medical "experts" and government "experts" and billionaire "experts" any vaccine for this virus is anything but "just another flu shot."

16. moe mensale

Oh, that must be the piece of genetic code that God forgot to include when He was making Man because, you know, He was so busy with making an entire universe and everything within it that it must have slipped His mind. I mean, it's not like He's omniscient or anything. :popcorn:

17. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

We already have vaccines like this. We vaccinate cats for rabies with a recombinant DNA vaccination that uses a canary pox vector with a specific part of the rabies virus DNA spliced in. It has been in use for at least 20 years, and we use the same technology for many other diseases like canine distemper. We consider these type of vaccinations to be far safer (as in, many magnitudes less likely to have side effects) than traditional vaccinations while still being just as effective.

18. moe mensale

Not directed at you but anyone with more than two firing neurons has already made up their mind. One way or another.

19. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

You saw this first hand did you? I would hope that you did. Then I would absolutely give more credibility to such reports. I have talked to multiple hospital administrators with whom I have a little more than a working relationship. Again, I stand by my posit that there is not one number that makes me think this is a health care crisis. Sometimes I wish there were. It would make it easier for me in my conversations with folks who rely on news blurbs and things other than the numbers.