Georgia Packing banner

441 - 460 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
If I were an evil Communist dictator who for some reason wanted to attack a nation whose bonds I was heavily invested in, and I wanted to use something as arcane as face masks as my delivery vehicle, I would use it as part of a two-step process.

I would treat the masks with human pathogenic fungi spores, like Coccidioides. It's pretty awesome: environmentally available, stable to variable humidity and temperature, effective at low inoculi, dispersible, etc. The wearer breathes the spores in, gets sick and - here's the best part - it impairs his immune system.

THEN I hit them with a respiratory virus simply introduced into the population with unwitting sleeper agents. They mask up, and - spores now deployed - it turbocharges the pandemic!

(I would also have a lair in an inert volcano and a tank full of pet sharks, but that's for another time.)

But a mask contaminated with a virus? Not effective. Not too many of God's creatures(-ish) are as delicate as a virus.

DH

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just saw this today, Georgia setting another record...Kemp s/b proud.

States that have fallen behind
Among the nation's most populous states, Georgia, Virginia and California are the furthest behind in distributing the vaccine to residents. According to the most recent CDC data, Georgia has administered less than 20% of the vaccine doses delivered to the state - the lowest percentage of any state in America.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
I'm waiting 3 years minimum before any of them.

Nemo

Reactions: seereus

·
PawPaw x 3
8,322 Posts
For full disclosure it appears that Dr Gold was arrested this past Sunday for having entered the capitol on January 6th with a bullhorn.

This was published before the arrest, I believe.

Simone Gold, noted hydroxychloroquine advocate, was inside Capitol during riot - The Washington Post
There were more than a few individuals involved in that with degrees of higher learning. A lawyer friend of mine from South Georgia was inside.
They may actually realize where this once great Nation is headed

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Well my wife and I don’t have to even think about the vaccine anymore. The old “herd immunity” kicked in this past weekend and got us both. We are sick but not deathly ill. I suspect we’ll make it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well my wife and I don't have to even think about the vaccine anymore. The old "herd immunity" kicked in this past weekend and got us both. We are sick but not deathly ill. I suspect we'll make it.
Well, that immunity might last 4-6 months, and there are now variants which will circumvent it.

It just pays to be mindful and vigilant (at all times, but in particular when a microscopic, airborne enemy is in play.)

DH

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any reliable documentation to support either one of those claims ?
I was thinking of this study (which actually cites 5-7 months, not 4-6... my memory is going!): https://www.cell.com/immunity/fulltext/S1074-7613(20)30445-3

A more recent study, published in Science on Jan 6th (which I just noticed when grabbing the other citation) extends serological memory to 8 months (better, still not great long-term): https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2021/01/06/science.abf4063

Obviously, if you're just flat out anti-science or "I would rather listen to a YouTuber or OANN anchor than read papers by such icky "elites" as immunologists, virologists, and microbiologists, then of course you may dismiss these, but they are reliable documentation (and then some.)

DH

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
There were more than a few individuals involved in that with degrees of higher learning. A lawyer friend of mine from South Georgia was inside.
They may actually realize where this once great Nation is headed
By chance, This guy? I think we know where he's headed, nowhere at the moment except maybe back to D.C.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-at...n-capitol-assault/ASNAE3SKKRBDNCYQH36UOZ6S5M/

"Calhoun was among the initial group of rioters who breached the Capitol and he posted photos of the chaos on his social media accounts. In an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution two days after the riot, Calhoun described the mob as "patriotic," but federal prosecutors argued that, because of his actions and his violent online rhetoric, he posed a danger to the community.

Magistrate Judge Charles Weigel agreed, citing Calhoun's conspiracy theories about the "deep state."

"He has been corrupted by or seduced by dangerous and violent ideology that considers the United States to be in a state of civil war, that considers every Democrat to be worthy of execution, that considers every member of the government part of a deep st
ate," Weigel said, according to reporting by the online legal news source Law & Crime."

·
68,161 Posts
Well, that immunity . . . there are now variants which will circumvent it.
What about this part of your statement? Everything I have read says the opposite, but I have not been keeping up with any research in the last few weeks.

·
68,161 Posts
By chance, This guy? I think we know where he's headed, nowhere at the moment except maybe back to D.C.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-at...n-capitol-assault/ASNAE3SKKRBDNCYQH36UOZ6S5M/

"Calhoun was among the initial group of rioters who breached the Capitol and he posted photos of the chaos on his social media accounts. In an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution two days after the riot, Calhoun described the mob as "patriotic," but federal prosecutors argued that, because of his actions and his violent online rhetoric, he posed a danger to the community.

Magistrate Judge Charles Weigel agreed, citing Calhoun's conspiracy theories about the "deep state."

"He has been corrupted by or seduced by dangerous and violent ideology that considers the United States to be in a state of civil war, that considers every Democrat to be worthy of execution, that considers every member of the government part of a deep st
ate," Weigel said, according to reporting by the online legal news source Law & Crime."
It is a sad commentary on lawyer income when a lawyer needs a public defender due to a lack of funds to hire an attorney.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,322 Posts

That'd be he. Knew his Dad since I was 8 or so. Have known him and his family since I was 16 or so.

441 - 460 of 571 Posts