Tired of Covid crap

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mountainman444, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

So is a Zombie virus real?

Nemo

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I know whom I will not be debating on biochemistry matters . . .

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Not my chart. Courtesy of Ann Barnhardt at https://www.barnhardt.biz/ where I occasionally drop in.

4. moe mensale

I don't have a problem. Your premise is illogical as already pointed out. It's also kind of apples and oranges. And BTW, we haven't been back to the moon in almost 50 years. Primarily because of funding and politics, not technical or scientific reasons.

Absolutely not. The chart just points out the absurdity of what the world is dealing with today with this coronavirus scam compared to past diseases. In case anyone has an once of skepticism and cynicism in them. I'd also point out that we haven't cured the common cold or the annual flu yet either. Bugs we have a lot of understanding and data for.

5. moe mensale

Yes. Taking away any and all liability for your product when something goes wrong with it and switching the burden over to the taxpayers is one hell of an incentive.

mountainman444 likes this.
  6. moe mensale

If you don't know anything about John Whitehead and The Rutherford Institute's defense of civil liberties, you should.

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...ve_the_way_for_a_new_frontier_in_surveillance

TimBob likes this.
  7. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Yes... it’s called “smart phones”!

Broadside Bob likes this.
  8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

When facts conflict with opinion it’s not time to modify the facts.

9. Nemo

I mean a virus that really turns people into zombies. I made sure I got some of that ammo a while back.

Nemo

10. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I can guarantee you that somebody somewhere (probably China or Russia) is working on a virus which would zombify people (whatever that means in practice).

A lot of years ago (late 80s?) I worked with the US Army on applications for HIV: the idea was that you could use the "machinery" of the virus to do all kinds of cool things, like curing genetic diseases, cancer, whatever... but it's the *army*, so there's always that unspoken subtext of "oh, yeah, a cure for cancer would be cool... but let's not limit ourselves to therapeutic applications."

As we know, that research never really went anywhere.

Now, though, folks are working on "prime editing" (at least at MIT), a technology which (in principle) would allow you to change an organism at the somatic level, thus introducing changes into a *completed, adult organism*... so, you know, as usual, cure genetic diseases, cure cancer, and... maybe some other things ;)

If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that yesterday's sci-fi can become today's reality!

DH

11. Nemo

So I need more zombie ammo?

Nemo

12. moe mensale

So your assumption is that one side presents facts while the other side presents opinions. That's very objective of you.

13. moe mensale

What's the real end goal of the rushed through testing, rushed to market wonder vaccines for the coronavirus? Immunity or depopulation?

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-goal-immunity-or-depopulation/

14. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Why would “wealthy elites” want population reduction?

“Gee, what I really want is smaller markets, less money, and less political power.”

Look at any negative-growth population: it’s a huge problem, if for no other reason than it completely hamstrings the welfare state, since that’s based on the young and healthy paying to care for the old and infirm.

This is like the classic complaint that Chinese restaurants use MSG to make diners feel “less hungry”, like of course, what’s better for a restaurant than curbing appetites. Hah.

DH

15. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Look at North Korea, how much richer could the "elites" be if they embraced capitalism? Probably a lot, but there would be more of them and the ones already there, would have less control. If someone is "on top" is it better to them to have limited power over a lot of people, or absolute power over a few? "Better to reign in hell than serve in Heaven."

16. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

The actual vaccine took maybe two days to create in the lab. Everything else is testing and approval.

17. moe mensale

Not all of us can have a PhD in Bio Nuclear Thermogenerative Nanotechnology or even Basket Weaving. The more information we have, whether we agree with it or not, the better informed we are and the better choices we can make. Unless you believe in the Facebook methodology of presenting only the "approved" version of whatever the Issue du jour is.

18. moe mensale

19. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member