Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about fed up with the news media over blowing this Covid stuff.
Today, it’s how bad the Iowa outbreak is. Run for the hills. The sky is falling.
The tested infection rate is 100 in 100,000. Not the death rate. Not even the hospital rate. Not even the “I’m home sick rate”.
They’re telling the truth, per say, there is a spike. But if you crunch the numbers it’s so small it’s time to crawl from under the bed get back to living. If there was one case last week and this week there are two, the media reports there are twice as many cases, 100% increase. While this is factual it’s still just 2.

How about we just get a grip, stop being a nation of whiners, and get back to living and working.

Just my opinion. Your mileage my vary. Just an “I’m fed up” rant.

Reactions: twood and Bkite

·
PawPaw x 3
8,441 Posts
I'm about fed up with the news media over blowing this Covid stuff.
Today, it's how bad the Iowa outbreak is. Run for the hills. The sky is falling.
The tested infection rate is 100 in 100,000. Not the death rate. Not even the hospital rate. Not even the "I'm home sick rate".
They're telling the truth, per say, there is a spike. But if you crunch the numbers it's so small it's time to crawl from under the bed get back to living. If there was one case last week and this week there are two, the media reports there are twice as many cases, 100% increase. While this is factual it's still just 2.

How about we just get a grip, stop being a nation of whiners, and get back to living and working.

Just my opinion. Your mileage my vary. Just an "I'm fed up" rant.
It's been like that from the beginning

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. But I reached my limit watching and reading the news this morning.
No longer death and/or hospitalization numbers, but just positive test results. I know the folks at cdc need to work but why try to make it worse than it is. I know people that are really scared. Old folks dying in nursing homes with no family around because they can’t visit.
Enough I say. Rant off.

Reactions: Bkite

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'm about fed up with the news media over blowing this Covid stuff.
Not to worry. On the morning of November 4th after President Trump is reelected the Media will not talk about covid again as they will be fixated on how Trump stole the election again.

Reactions: Bkite

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,607 Posts
My opinion is that if we had simply carried on with our normal lives in March and April, this thing would have burned itself out by the end of June. All this "social distancing", "stay home" and "wear a mask" bull$#!+ has simply served to stretch this thing out for the purpose of terrifying everyone.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
All this "social distancing", "stay home" and "wear a mask" bull$#!+ has simply served to stretch this thing out for the purpose of terrifying everyone.
"Terrifying everyone" isn't the end purpose. The end purpose is to see how far governments can go to push people into giving up their sovereignty. How much freedom will the people exchange for government "protection" from the big, bad virus. And up until recently, the governments have gotten their way because of the heavy suppression of opposing viewpoints, thanks to the complicit media.

Reactions: OS1880 and Bkite

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This is anecdotal, I know, but here's my story about Covid. My wife and I are in our 60's, smokers, and I'm prediabetic.

Approx. 4 weeks ago we both became sick with sinus headaches, slight cough, diarrhea, and lethargy. Similar to a summer cold. She went on a Friday to get the 15 minute test and it came back positive. The doc. prescribed a Z-pak, steroids, and an inhaler. The Tuesday after I was tested negative but he prescribed me the same because we are in the same home. I stockpiled my stuff for a later date but she took hers, we both are without symptoms now.

Now was she a false positive and had a summer cold or was I a false negative and had covid? Talked to my pawn shop guy during a transfer he did for me and he had the same symptoms lasting 2 weeks but chose not to get tested.

I have a buddy living in Ohio who I served with in Germany, he and his wife caught covid and they experienced severe Flu like symptoms for over 3 weeks.

So we are carrying on as normal, Went to Mellow Mushroom yesterday afternoon with 2 buds and drank brews at the bar. No distancing at the bar. I'm over this BS.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My opinion is that if we had simply carried on with our normal lives in March and April, this thing would have burned itself out by the end of June. All this "social distancing", "stay home" and "wear a mask" bull$#!+ has simply served to stretch this thing out for the purpose of terrifying everyone.
I doubt that carrying on normal lives in March and April would have caused this thing to "burn out in June." Would love to know how you have arrived at that destination.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,607 Posts
I doubt that carrying on normal lives in March and April would have caused this thing to "burn out in June." Would love to know how you have arrived at that destination.
Wild-assed guess, based on the opinion that the only way through this...is through this. The longer we take to get to the other side, the longer this lasts.

I did say it was my opinion. I need not offer any supporting evidence because I have none. Much like most people on either side of this thing.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Sweden's covid response tells an interesting story. The left proclaims it a disaster, the right says they are 99.9% done with the virus.

From the very beginning the experts knew this was very contagious and everyone would likely get it. Flatten the curve was all that we could do to help the hospitals. NYC needed 50,000 ventilators (which kill 80% of folks on them), and there's not enough electric sockets to plug them into.

Then it turns out kids are not bothered by it, and the only risk of death is for older weaker people. This could have been a lot worse, it has now run its course, but lots of folks are now invested in keeping the panic going.

I'll bet you would be surprised how many Dems are on the hydroxy now. Nancy P and Fauchi for sure.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Would love to know how you have arrived at that destination.
Just in case there are no Dictionaries in your neck of the woods.
opinion
noun
opin·ion | \ ə-ˈpin-yən
Definition of opinion
1a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter We asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
b : approval, esteem I have no great opinion of his work.
2a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge a person of rigid opinions
b : a generally held view news programs that shape public opinion
3a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert My doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based The article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Lots of resistance to taking the 'rushed-out' vaccine. Probably 50% will refuse it unless the gov finds way/s to make it happen. They will.

·
68,510 Posts
You can look at Georgia's (and the US's) death charts and see that we are at all time highs or just now coming down from all time highs.

Now look at Sweden's death chart.

992B90AF-A6C7-473A-BABA-6B8D5FC80818.jpeg

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You can look at Georgia's (and the US's) death charts and see that we are at all time highs or just now coming down from all time highs.

Now look at Sweden's death chart.

View attachment 16319
Yea, and look at Sweden's death rate at 36 per 100,000 and USA at 27 per 100,000, and it's neighbor Denmark death rate at 9 per 100,000.....great job Sweden !

·
PITA
232 Posts
I'm tired of my old father not getting proper medical care for his fractured pelvis, couple with Parkinson's because the entire medical industry is swamped with this Covid crap, and seem to think that Covid is the only thing they are supposed to deal with.

I am tired of every single freaking commercial on the radio being infected with these dumbss buzzwords like "essential", "social distancing", etc.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm tired of my bank's lobby being closed. Had to make an appointment, stand outside and be treated like a suspected criminal just to be let in to access safety box.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m just tired of the whole thing. Especially the media continually skewing the numbers to make it sound worse and scare folks too ignorant to do the math.
We’re not getting out of here alive. Period. I’m not going to live my life in fear of a virus that will still be around long after I’m gone.

Reactions: 1911 and Bkite
1 - 20 of 603 Posts