Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm interested to know the explanation on this...

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
How would one be talking on a mobile phone 70 years before the first cell tower went up?

Oh... wait... logic confuses the retards. Sorry.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gsusnake said:
How would one be talking on a mobile phone 70 years before the first cell tower went up?

Oh... wait... logic confuses the retards. Sorry.
Well,Obviously the cell phone tower was brought with them, duh! :roll:

It's obviously not a cell phone, but it would be interesting to know what it is.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Cell phones that size didn't appear until what... 70 years after that film was made?

If someone walked down the street with technology from 25 years from now, say ... a holographic field that surrounded their head, or on a hoverboard do you suppose the people surrounding that individual might make a bit of a scene? No one reacts at all that way in the film. No one notices the woman talking aloud to 'imaginary friends'.

Just a few years ago, someone walking around with one of these in 1984, was an amazing sight.

Imagine the stares someone talking to No one and wearing one of these would have gotten.

By the time time-travel is invented, there won't even BE cellphones, such as we know them today. Hell, we already have cellphones that outperform Star Trek communicators.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
She probably got stung by a bee on the ear or cheek or something relatively simple.

Another possibility is she didn't want to be caught on one of those new fangled cameras and was trying to hide.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Good drugs. This guy has'em.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Current theoretical physicist believe that a time machine can only send particles back to the time when the machine was first turned on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWwI61s ... re=related "The First Time Machine"

Also, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku has said that the energy needed to travel back in time would be equal to an exploding star. We don't have that kind of energy available at the moment. Cold fusion, though? Maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02WMNoH ... re=related "Is Time Travel Possible?"

Einstein's theories allow for time travel. It is possible, but it doesn't appear to be anything that we are going to achieve anytime soon, unless we figure out cold fusion, and how to harness that energy.

Also, you can only go back to the time when the machine was turned on. I doubt someone had a working time machine back in 1920. :mrgreen:

There are of course many different theories, though.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
forget the cell phone

look at her shoes

she has alien feet

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
EJR914 said:
Also, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku has said that the energy needed to travel back in time would be equal to an exploding star. We don't have that kind of energy available at the moment. Cold fusion, though? Maybe?

Einstein's theories allow for time travel. It is possible, but it doesn't appear to be anything that we are going to achieve anytime soon, unless we figure out cold fusion, and how to harness that energy.

There are of course many different theories, though.
My theory? MUSHROOMS.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
Just a few years ago, someone walking around with one of these in 1984, was an amazing sight.
1984 is "just a few years ago?"

That's funny...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:

It's still an amazing sight today to see somebody talking on something like that. :lol:

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
cbp0229 said:
Back in those days, people hard of hearing held a horn type hearing device up to their ear.
Actually, it has been identified as an early hearing aide which was indeed held up to the ear in such a manner.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

I'm interested to know the explanation on this...
Guberment playing with time travel sent woman back in time with cell phone, but forgot to send the towers too. "Can you hear me now?" :lol:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
jreXD9 said:
My theory? MUSHROOMS.
Acid is far superior for "taking the trip, but not leaving the farm."

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
sirkut said:
Portable transistor radio?
They said on the news these were invented about 10 years later.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts