17,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not by me.

Nemo

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
No and hell no.
On the other hand I have direct knowledge that two little communist bastards would have loved it to have been retired a half century or so back. All I got to say on the matter.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,244 Posts
I did.

Gave up 3 model 1911's and switched to Striker-fired double action only or safe action pistols with no manual safety.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,244 Posts
I don't mind the 7+ one ammo capacity of a 1911 pistol in 45 caliber ( and I know that there have been high-capacity models that use staggered column magazines. )

What I don't like about the platform for a daily carry gun is the single action trigger mechanism which requires the use of a manual safety. I don't wanna have to think about sweeping off the safety when I draw in a life-threatening situation. So.... unless all of my carry guns are single action pistols with manual safeties located in the same position on their frames, I just don't want to mess with them at all.

I'm afraid i'll forget which gun I'm carrying at the moment and not make any motion to sweep the safety off while I'm presenting the weapon to the target, because so many of my other guns don't have manual safeties.

AS A RANGE TOY, however, the crisp and light single action trigger pull of most 1911s is welcome, and makes for a high scores punching paper or ringing steel.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,086 Posts
I retired all 12 of mine several years ago. They all went to good but separate homes.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
I could never shoot 1911's with any accuracy. But I like exposed hammers rather than striker fired on my Sigs and I can hit the target with them.

·
Administrator
7,179 Posts
Nope. Not every day, but often enough.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Everyday carry

Reactions: Adam5
1 - 11 of 11 Posts