Time for a New Gubernatorial Poll

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by mb90535im, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Deal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Barnes

47.7%
  3. Monds

4.5%
  4. Other/Not Voting

47.7%
  1. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

Just curious if the wind has changed directions.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:lol: Monds is winning at the moment. 60/20/20

3. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

and barnes will blow him out of the race:(

4. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Who Monds?

Ashe said this in the Nathan Deal thread:

At this point its becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy to me, as well. "You claim he can't win because he can't get enough votes, do you don't vote for him" says it all.

6. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

No, I claim he can't win because he can't get the votes. Apply the latest polling percentages to the total number of registered voters in Georgia. Assume that Monds' supporters are so dedicated to the cause they can each get two other people to vote for him. He can't win. Assume that every Monds supporter can pull out all the stops and convince *five* Deal supporters to vote for Monds. He *still* can't win. It's not a matter of prophecy (self-fulfilling or otherwise), its a matter of math.

As I said in my post in that other thread, I would love to see a Libertarian candidate in the Governor's mansion. However, this isn't the year. And for the reasons I outlined in that other post, if I have to choose between Barnes and Deal, I would rather have Deal than Barnes.

7. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

8. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

If I voted today, it would be for Monds...

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Monds. I'm no longer a "lesser of two evils" voter. I wish I would have come around years ago. :oops:

10. AEKDB

AEKDB New Member

=D>

11. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

:righton: Averting greater evil isn't the same as "doing good".

12. foxtrotterz

foxtrotterz New Member

I too plan on voting for Monds this year. "This year" will never be the year if voters don't finally show the rest of the population that a third option can actually obtain 10-20% of the vote. Once some decent numbers show up on in the final numbers, then I believe the following election, we will start to see a wave of voters who don't feel like they HAVE to vote for the better option of the two party system.

LDH, what year will be the year? Next year, five years, 20? Honestly, I am afraid it may be too late at that point, I don't think we have much longer to finally vote for a candidate in line with our principles. Remember, it is our duty to leave this county in the best state we can for our posterity, after all, that is what this is all about. Its not about you and me living comfortably, it is making sure that our children and their children will still have a Republic.

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Amen. You said it very well.

I personally believe this is America's last stand. It falls or survives this November..... Sadly, I'm getting ready write an eulogy. The importance of electing a third party, black governor in the south, who believes in freedom is what can save the union. On the federal level, its lost. Vote D or R, doesn't make a difference in federal elections. States rights. Last stand folks. Last stand. Are you really going to sell your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren into slavery and indebtedness? I'm not only saying "no", but "hell no". Get on the phone, tell your friends, cousins, brothers/sisters, etc. We're bucking the vote this time.