Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

How are you planning to vote in the GA Governor's Race?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:lol: Monds is winning at the moment. 60/20/20

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
mark5019 said:
and barnes will blow him out of the race:(
Who Monds?

Ashe said this in the Nathan Deal thread:

Heres the thing. You claim Monds can't win because he can't get enough votes, so you won't vote for him.
Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. I'm more than positive that if a majority of people who think like you actually voted for principle instead of trying to vote for the winner then Monds would win, or at the very least be part of the run-off.
You can try to justify it to yourself all you want, but IMHO voting for the lesser of two evil's is still voting for evil.
I know that Monds and me may not see eye to eye on every issue, but we agree on a majority of things, and he of all the candidates hasn't shown that he's a corrupt person trying to make money at the expense of the people he is supposed to represent.
And to be frank I'm sick of voting for the "most electable" guy that I can stand the most. Anymore I can't stand any of them. I guess I've lost my tolerance in my old age, but a lying crook is a lying crook, no matter how much his lies are the ones I want to hear.
At this point its becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy to me, as well. "You claim he can't win because he can't get enough votes, do you don't vote for him" says it all.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
EJR914 said:
mark5019 said:
and barnes will blow him out of the race:(
Who Monds?

Ashe said this in the Nathan Deal thread:

Heres the thing. You claim Monds can't win because he can't get enough votes, so you won't vote for him.
Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. I'm more than positive that if a majority of people who think like you actually voted for principle instead of trying to vote for the winner then Monds would win, or at the very least be part of the run-off.
You can try to justify it to yourself all you want, but IMHO voting for the lesser of two evil's is still voting for evil.
I know that Monds and me may not see eye to eye on every issue, but we agree on a majority of things, and he of all the candidates hasn't shown that he's a corrupt person trying to make money at the expense of the people he is supposed to represent.
And to be frank I'm sick of voting for the "most electable" guy that I can stand the most. Anymore I can't stand any of them. I guess I've lost my tolerance in my old age, but a lying crook is a lying crook, no matter how much his lies are the ones I want to hear.
At this point its becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy to me, as well. "You claim he can't win because he can't get enough votes, do you don't vote for him" says it all.
No, I claim he can't win because he can't get the votes. Apply the latest polling percentages to the total number of registered voters in Georgia. Assume that Monds' supporters are so dedicated to the cause they can each get two other people to vote for him. He can't win. Assume that every Monds supporter can pull out all the stops and convince *five* Deal supporters to vote for Monds. He *still* can't win. It's not a matter of prophecy (self-fulfilling or otherwise), its a matter of math.

As I said in my post in that other thread, I would love to see a Libertarian candidate in the Governor's mansion. However, this isn't the year. And for the reasons I outlined in that other post, if I have to choose between Barnes and Deal, I would rather have Deal than Barnes.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
AV8R said:
Monds. I'm no longer a "lesser of two evils" voter. I wish I would have come around years ago. :oops:
=D>

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.†- John Quincy Adams

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
AV8R said:
Monds. I'm no longer a "lesser of two evils" voter. I wish I would have come around years ago. :oops:
:righton: Averting greater evil isn't the same as "doing good".

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I too plan on voting for Monds this year. "This year" will never be the year if voters don't finally show the rest of the population that a third option can actually obtain 10-20% of the vote. Once some decent numbers show up on in the final numbers, then I believe the following election, we will start to see a wave of voters who don't feel like they HAVE to vote for the better option of the two party system.

LDH, what year will be the year? Next year, five years, 20? Honestly, I am afraid it may be too late at that point, I don't think we have much longer to finally vote for a candidate in line with our principles. Remember, it is our duty to leave this county in the best state we can for our posterity, after all, that is what this is all about. Its not about you and me living comfortably, it is making sure that our children and their children will still have a Republic.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
foxtrotterz said:
I too plan on voting for Monds this year. "This year" will never be the year if voters don't finally show the rest of the population that a third option can actually obtain 10-20% of the vote. Once some decent numbers show up on in the final numbers, then I believe the following election, we will start to see a wave of voters who don't feel like they HAVE to vote for the better option of the two party system.

LDH, what year will be the year? Next year, five years, 20? Honestly, I am afraid it may be too late at that point, I don't think we have much longer to finally vote for a candidate in line with our principles. Remember, it is our duty to leave this county in the best state we can for our posterity, after all, that is what this is all about. Its not about you and me living comfortably, it is making sure that our children and their children will still have a Republic.
Amen. You said it very well.

I personally believe this is America's last stand. It falls or survives this November..... Sadly, I'm getting ready write an eulogy. The importance of electing a third party, black governor in the south, who believes in freedom is what can save the union. On the federal level, its lost. Vote D or R, doesn't make a difference in federal elections. States rights. Last stand folks. Last stand. Are you really going to sell your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren into slavery and indebtedness? I'm not only saying "no", but "hell no". Get on the phone, tell your friends, cousins, brothers/sisters, etc. We're bucking the vote this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts