Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you may already know, Rep. Dusty Hightower, HD68 was appointed to vacant superior court judgeship in the Coweta Judicial Circuit by Gov. Deal recently. https://gov.georgia.gov/press-relea...pointment-and-district-attorney-appointment-1

So that leaves our side with a hole to fill. Hightower was a big pro-gun guy for us and GCO. So it seems that Tim Bearden is getting back into the game, which is good. He would be a big proponent of ours in the State House.

So, if you live in House District 68
hopefully you will consider voting for Tim Bearden #HD68 #GaGOP

https://www.google.com/search?q=tim...2.69i57j0l5.9679j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

He just qualified today for the empty seat. Former Villa Rica Mayor J. Collins has qualified too.

The Primary is May 24th, 13 days from today! That's not a lot of time..........so tell your friends and neighbors. Put it out on Social Media. Tell everybody.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,418 Posts
Am I paranoid, or does Gov. Deal show a tendency to appoint the 2A champions out of the Assembly whenever he can? I seem to remember a few others who were appointed out as well.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
Wasn't seabaugh one that be appointed too?

·
Professional Troll
2,165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Money.

Having run for office before, and having decided not to run again very recently (but only after getting started with consultants and the whole shebang), I have come to the conclusion that it takes money, and lots of it.

If the Governor is already backing somebody, then opposing that somebody is going to take a minimum of fifty grand. Think about it. You need not live in the district to send money.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Well, nobody may raise that kind of money. Whatever you are going to do, do it quickly. Bearden has only 11 days to get his message out.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Of course, but none of them matter if you do not have a fifty grand or larger war chest. If you have the money, then the other ways to help come into play and become significant.
Just to echo this.
$50,000
MP is not kidding nor joking. That is what our state reps (regardless of party) view as the absolute minimum to re-up for a volunteer gig that pays $17,000 per year.

Now you know how to help them...and why GCO says be polite and respectful even if they disagree with you.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
This thing is only 11 more days.

Edit: Just noticed Ed said same.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
The Governor demanded that Dusty resign now, which left only eleven days (ten now) instead of a much longer period of time. Rumor has it the Governor supports Bearden's opponent, the former mayor of Villa Rica.

·
Professional Troll
2,165 Posts
Podcast of this morning's local radio show in Carrollton with one of the House District 68 candidates, Jay Collins.

WLBB 1330am Community Voice

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
14:45 or so, college carry should be on a "case by case basis," with it maybe being banned at colleges in more rural areas. We also need to find "common ground" with the governor.

·
Professional Troll
2,165 Posts
Campus Carry question asked at the candidate forum tonight. Seated from left to right: Tim Bearden, Jay Collins, and Mark Lattanzio (Click on the image to play video)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts