Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses a thumb break holster for shrouded hammer revolver? I want a thumb break holster for S&W my 638, but with the shrouded hammer I don't think the regular thumb break will fit right.

I ran across this Bianchi that puts the thumb break around the back of the trigger guard instead of the hammer.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=55L

Here is a picture of the pistol.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Adam that I think I would want a holster that would cover the entire trigger, but that's just me. I can't answer about the regular thumb break type.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
I have a thumbreak for the wife's 642. It is extremely awkward to release the break. It never gets used, and now that I think about it I believe someone gave this to me. It's made by Shado (never heard of them).

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Hey, you don't need a holster for those ! Maybe a pocket holster.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
zookeper said:
i have a bodyguard, i could probably come up with a thumb break retention design that didn't slip over the slope of the frame :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see it! With a forward cant, no?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,327 Posts
I have a Blackhawk Serpa for J-frame Smiths, that I use on my model 38 Bodyguard.
Since it clamps the gun in place using the trigger guard, it doesn't matter how smooth and round the hammer area is.
It's not a thumb-break, but the trigger-finger release button works good.
Don't they make concealment holsters with the same kind of retention / release system? If so, that would be another idea.

But really, if Zookeeper will make you one with the thumbbreak, that's the best option!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts