Throw wallet

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wsweeks2, Jul 10, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Not sure where to put this, so I put it here.

I had a thought after reading a post on another forum about a guy who decided not to carry for the day and got mugged.

Does anyone on here carry a "throw wallet" that they could give a thief in the event that you get mugged? What I'm thinking about doing is saving all of those fake credit cards that look real that don't have a name on them and putting them in a small cheap wallet along with a generic ID with a random address on it so that if it were to happen, they really get nothing.

That would save a trip to the DMV, probate for a duplicate license, and cancelling cards.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I never really considered carrying a throw wallet, but I have been known to carry a pocket pistol in a rear pocket. By the time a perp realized that wasn't a wallet in my hand he has had a bad day.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Throw wallet?

The only thing I "throw" at criminals comes in 147 grains.

Do not feed the animals.

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

When I go somewhere that I don't feel safe I carry a money clip.

Most criminals are plenty happy with $100 or so in a money clip, and sometimes it can serve as a distraction until you can get clear or draw your own weapon.

All my credit cards, DL, GFL, and every "rewards" card (and there's a million of 'em) are carried in a BMF wallet.

http://www.bmfwallets.com <--WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE AHEAD

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

[​IMG]
    Approves

6. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

I think a good thing to do when someone demands your wallet is tell them that you don't have a wallet. And as they come to realize that they were trying to mug a poor person they should become quite embarrassed and silent, in which case you can offer them a tic-tac to alleviate their feeling of inadequacy as a mugger.

That's what I do at least... and it's worked 3 times thus far... I guess that's one benefit to being poor.

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking, so that I can get to this:

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I am thinking if somebody approaches me, even in a calm manner, I will be on alert.

I thought about the fake wallet thing and decided an extra magazine would work alot better. My thought is if they are willing to try to mug me, sure they can hold my "real wallet" just until I give them the real surprise as Ramm mentioned. Then I can retrieve the wallet!

I have to much stuff to carry as is. I like the idea and the purpose alot wsweeks, just dont want to drag one more thing around.

9. Claire

Claire New Member

interesting idea - I too agree - I can't carry anything extra
    I'm lucky I remember what I need when I leave the house