Three free mag offer from Springfield on XD's and XDM's

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BlenderWizard, Oct 12, 2010.

1. BlenderWizard

BlenderWizard New Member

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

That's right, this mail in offer is $100+ worth of mags and pouches available from Springfield on their popular XD/XDM line of handguns

2. corey541

corey541 New Member

Just what I need, an excuse to buy another XD!

3. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

im really itching for an XDM 3.8

4. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

you aint lying.

5. Suprman

Suprman New Member

damn, i was just thinking about buying a XD and this is making it even more tempting

6. madcapmagician

madcapmagician New Member

Meh, still an XD.

Must be having a hard time selling guns.

7. Owl

Owl New Member

must be having a ...DANG IT. you beat me to it. :)

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Nothing wrong with the XD line of pistols!
    If I didn't already have a bunch of self-defense handguns I'm perfectly happy with, I'd be all over this.
    I always buy a couple extra mags for each gun I own, and that really adds to the cost of owning that gun.
    For somebody who is ready to buy their first carry gun, and they think they might want extra mags for it-- either for self-defense OR to use in action shooting games and contests like IDPA-- this deal would suit them fine.

9. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

Sold my 3.8 XDm to a board member here.

I didn't like the trigger creep or pull at all. Now Im back to a 1911 :shattered:

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:?:

11. BlenderWizard

BlenderWizard New Member

There are plenty of worse choices in a handgun. PLENTY. And, this is a smokin' deal

12. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Or could just be a marketing gimmick to get people to buy the XD/XD(M) before they realease the XD(M) compact after the first of the year. At least that's the rumor.

13. madcapmagician

In my experience from a sales perspective, I've sold 7-8 Glocks to every Sig, M&P, FN and XD combined. The simple fact is the guns that are selling well don't require a rebate.

14. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Dang now I have to decide between another xd or a glock

15. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Your bias towards Glock wouldn't have anything to do with your sales numbers, would it? No doubt that Glock is a fine weapon and people love them. But, that's no reason to overlook other fine weapons.

16. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Couldn't be that. :roll:

17. madcapmagician

Quite the contrary. While I like my Glocks, in a head to head comparison against other brands the Glocks are usually chosen. Price (against Sig and M&P), name recognition (XD and Sig) and the fact that most of the police departments use them are strong selling points. For the average person who walks in off the street or for a first time purchase Glocks are USUALLY asked about first. Glock enjoys a dominance of the handgun market and it does have benefits for selling guns. Just to put things in perspective, over half of the gun sales made are to people that don't surf gun websites/forums or read Guns and Ammo. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone say that my local PD or SO carries a Glock or Sig or M&P. That sells more guns that most advertisements in magazines. Relatives owning a particular gun also sells guns. Any personal bias that I have affects maybe a 1/3 of the guns I sell. Just saying... :roll:

18. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Saw this on the XDTalk forum. Just thought I'd share.
    LP.
    ETA: in reference to a new XD(M) Compact.

Originally Posted by Old Hick View Post
    I emailed Springfield and here is the reply I got back:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.
    Yes, it is coming soon. We were made aware of that today. Please keep watching the web sight for further updates as we do NOT have the information ourselves yet. They are telling us it will be on the Web site next week. I think it sounds like it may be exciting though.

Thank you, Debi

Debi Pease
    Customer Service Representative
    Springfield, Incorporated
    1-800-680-6866 ex 8939
    [email protected]