Threatened with gun in dark alley...victim fires on perp

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pwrlifter12, Nov 11, 2010.

1. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

It didn't look like self-defense to me. Most of the people voting in the online poll agreed 2 to 1.

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

How could it possibly be self-defense? The guy turned and took off in the opposite direction and the shooter ran after him while shooting at him as he ran away.

It also did not appear that the guy that got shot was armed. (Did I miss something?)

4. Phil1979

Right. I looked closely, and while the video was grainy, I didn't see any indication that the deceased ever had a gun in his hands. At least in the near footage. I believe he may have talked trash about having one.

His fateful mistake, after looking like he was finally leaving, was to turn back around and give some more lip to the marshall. The marshall at that point snapped, and decided he was going to give this bully a fatal lesson in payback.

5. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

At the very beginning of the video, you can see the Marshall and the other guy fighting if I'm not mistaken...looks like one of them has something and makes a pointing motion. The shirtless guy also knocked the Marshall down a few times too

6. Z33

Z33 New Member

I could almost go with self-defense until the marshal turned and chased him. When the thug turned around the last time and approached him I think he could have honestly been in fear of his life but once the guy turned and fled it was over he should not have been chased and gunned down. Just my.02

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

If you have to chase down a wounded man to kill him...
    you're probably Not doing it in self-defense.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

^This^

9. SAXD2003

SAXD2003 New Member

1st shot seemed like self defense and every shot after that was not justified after the guy turned his back

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Maybe the guy had a bumper sticker on his back?

:roll:

11. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Looks good to me.

12. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

Care to elaborate? We have seen why people think it is a bad shoot, I am curious to know why you think it is a good one.

13. cherok

cherok New Member

something was fishy about the entire scene... and it does not look like a self-defense situation for the most part. $10 says these 2 guys knew each other and there is something we don't know :-k

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

What looks good about chasing someone down while shooting them in the back?

15. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

Grainy video and no audio... so I'm not saying anything until more info is given.

16. MyFred

MyFred Banned

Not one detail or truth about this whole incident matters except that one was a government LEO and the other wasn't!!

17. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

18. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

--Marshall advances.
    --Marshall retreats.
    --Marshall is beaten, and gun pointed at him by BG.
    --Marshall retreats again.
    --BG clearly, very clearly, has gun in his left hand, points it at Marshall's head, then places gun in his left pocket.
    --Marshall retreats yet again.
    --BG advances, withdraws, advances again
    --Marshall draws and shoots to end the threat.

Did I mistakenly log into the quilting forum?

19. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Yes, you did miss something, such as the gun in his left hand, then left pocket.

20. Phil1979

Yep. He engaged the perp too early. Should have had his gun out and ready first.

Do you know if he survived?