Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,717 Posts
It didn't look like self-defense to me. Most of the people voting in the online poll agreed 2 to 1.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
How could it possibly be self-defense? The guy turned and took off in the opposite direction and the shooter ran after him while shooting at him as he ran away.

It also did not appear that the guy that got shot was armed. (Did I miss something?)

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,717 Posts
Suburbbus said:
How could it possibly be self-defense? The guy turned and took off in the opposite direction and the shooter ran after him while shooting at him as he ran away.

It also did not appear that the guy that got shot was armed. (Did I miss something?)
Right. I looked closely, and while the video was grainy, I didn't see any indication that the deceased ever had a gun in his hands. At least in the near footage. I believe he may have talked trash about having one.

His fateful mistake, after looking like he was finally leaving, was to turn back around and give some more lip to the marshall. The marshall at that point snapped, and decided he was going to give this bully a fatal lesson in payback.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the very beginning of the video, you can see the Marshall and the other guy fighting if I'm not mistaken...looks like one of them has something and makes a pointing motion. The shirtless guy also knocked the Marshall down a few times too

·
Registered
383 Posts
I could almost go with self-defense until the marshal turned and chased him. When the thug turned around the last time and approached him I think he could have honestly been in fear of his life but once the guy turned and fled it was over he should not have been chased and gunned down. Just my.02

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
If you have to chase down a wounded man to kill him...
you're probably Not doing it in self-defense.

·
Registered
133 Posts
1st shot seemed like self defense and every shot after that was not justified after the guy turned his back

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Looks good to me.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
Hock25 said:
Looks good to me.
Care to elaborate? We have seen why people think it is a bad shoot, I am curious to know why you think it is a good one.

·
Registered
509 Posts
something was fishy about the entire scene... and it does not look like a self-defense situation for the most part. $10 says these 2 guys knew each other and there is something we don't know :-k

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
Not one detail or truth about this whole incident matters except that one was a government LEO and the other wasn't!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, that's all the info on that video that I have...so I can't help you out there.

Here's another video showing that speed of the draw is important....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Aberk said:
Hock25 said:
Looks good to me.
Care to elaborate? We have seen why people think it is a bad shoot, I am curious to know why you think it is a good one.
--Marshall advances.
--Marshall retreats.
--Marshall is beaten, and gun pointed at him by BG.
--Marshall retreats again.
--BG clearly, very clearly, has gun in his left hand, points it at Marshall's head, then places gun in his left pocket.
--Marshall retreats yet again.
--BG advances, withdraws, advances again
--Marshall draws and shoots to end the threat.

Did I mistakenly log into the quilting forum?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Suburbbus said:

Yes, you did miss something, such as the gun in his left hand, then left pocket.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,717 Posts
pwrlifter12 said:
Well, that's all the info on that video that I have...so I can't help you out there.

Here's another video showing that speed of the draw is important....

Yep. He engaged the perp too early. Should have had his gun out and ready first.

Do you know if he survived?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts