Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Thread preview

3K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  budder 
ptsmith24 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
ptsmith24 said:
Not supposed to work when you use "View unread posts"?
Maybe he can . . .
It's not a big deal to me. I don't think I'd use it all that much, but that's just me.
The original script was not written for use on a search (unread is a search for new posts).

However, after all of ptsmith24's whining and begging I figured out how to adapt it for the search page. So now any search, including "View Unread Posts" will have the thread preview as well.

in making it work for the search page I figured out how to limit the amount of text shown. The default/current setting is 1000 characters. I think I might chop that in half.

Sine Nomen said:
I like it, but I wonder: Could it be put on a time delay .5 to 1 second or so of hovering to activate any given thread to keep the seizure inducing flashing at bay?
It is a java script mouse hover command that is doing it. I don't know enough java to know if there is a delay command for hover or not. If someone knows it, tell me and I will add it.

Gunstar1 said:
Sine Nomen said:
I like it, but I wonder: Could it be put on a time delay .5 to 1 second or so of hovering to activate any given thread to keep the seizure inducing flashing at bay?
It is a java script mouse hover command that is doing it. I don't know enough java to know if there is a delay command for hover or not. If someone knows it, tell me and I will add it.
I found it, but could not make it work right. Will attempt it again later.

Well crap!!

Turns out the hover command was built in to the code already. Seems Firefox is so fast that the hover code had to have a slight delay in it to make it work right. It didn't like me trying to delay a delay.

Right now the delay is set at 1 second.

VOLGRAD said:
ptsmith24 said:
The delay was definitely a good compromise. Unless, of course, you're too slow or old to click fast enough. 8)
Sort of unrelated but touched upon in the post about SEARCH, I have noticed that when I do a SEARCH for keywords, author, etc. and get a list of matches back....I can read the first one but when I click back I get an error. I have to basically do the entire SEARCH over each time. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there anything that can be done in the code so you can back into your results?
No, but there are 2 workarounds. either open the threads in a new window from the search screen, or when you hit back and it says the page is expired (or whatever that message is), click refresh/reload on your browser. It will resend that search without having to re-enter the information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.