Thoughts on things...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GAGunOwner, May 21, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

It is getting harder and harder to discuss things on this site. It seems that even if you discuss GA law and open carry people are getting upset now. Posts being deleted as well as threads being locked. It used to not be this way.

We all want more members on this site, but you can't please everyone.

Should our conversations stick to just 9mm or .45 from now on?

Frustrating...anyone else starting to feel this way?

2. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Why do you think "It is getting harder and harder to discuss things on this site"?

3. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I haven't notice that. Can you give me an example?

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I know what thread what you're refering to. I don't see what the original poster got upset about. No one was "picking apart" his thread, and I thought you brought up a valid point about creating a public gathering.

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I have noticed a few threads where people appeared to be jumping to conclusions, but thats what happens when people communicate.

I try to always assume the response to me is on good terms, unless abundantly obvious that it is not...like name calling etc.

However, I do not believe that it is becoming more difficult on this site. I think its just some growing pains. We're still pretty tame compared to some forums that I've posted on.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm glad you posted it...... I had something like this written up last night but decided not to hit ""post."

7. GeorgiaGlocker

I just found the thread. I guess we just need to keep in mind that there are alot of different personalities on this site.

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

what in the world are ya'll talking about?
    i can't believe i missed a battle of witts.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

My posts in reponse were deleted. :cry:

10. tony218

tony218 New Member

that's a shame, these kind of discussions are the reason i love
    this site so much.
    we all can have a heated argument and still remain friends
    and brothers in arms at the end of the day.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I think it is unfortunate that this forum is starting to wan towards more censorship, however slight that is.

Obviously, this is not my sandbox and I am a guest here, but I think that the answer to disagreements is not locking threads and deleting posts; but rather having adults hash out their differences in open discussions.

When we start becoming offended by mere words, thoughts, or ideas and the response is banning words, locking threads, or deleting posts....who do we start to sound like? Allow me to answer my own question and say that we would start to sound like hyper-reactive soccer moms. The same people who would call the cops on you or I for simply openly carrying a pistol.

Who knows, it might just be GAGunOwner, tony218, and myself that are in the minority on this. But I ask that all members on this site use this opportunity to voice their opinion on the matter, whether that be for or against more censorship.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If things are going to be locked or deleted, reasons should be given for doing so. That's assuming it has to come to that in the first place. If given the opportunity, I'm pretty sure everyone can sort their problems out, much like Ramm said. Just because a few people feel like they can't sort out their differences, everyone must pay the price?

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Censorship always starts small.

14. tony218

tony218 New Member

there have been a few post that i did not agree with but
    i didn't let it ruffle my feathers i just read it and laughed
    it off ,as everyone has their own opinion and most of
    the time it's not the same as mine, guess what, SO WHAT!!
    but i still love this site and i would be lost without it.
    in the words of RODNY KING "can't we all just get along"
    (sorry for the quote)

15. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

if I don't like something someone says I respond if I can (without being a witch) or I just IGNORE it.

16. GeorgiaGlocker

Not everyone is going to agree with everything that is posted. I agree. Just ignore it!

17. kaizer

kaizer New Member

I totally screwed up guys and I am sorry. I did ask the thread to be locked. I was having a very tough day and got on the internet and instantly was pissy and sensative. Things haven't been great at home and I let it drain over. I do appologize for that. I did not ask for posts to be deleted, so I am not sure why that happened. I went back and reread the posts and I was obviously a little girl yesterday. Won't happen again, I have now positioned my big boy pants securely around my waist.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's alright...people have their days.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, I am glad this was posted.

Although I did not even see this thread that was locked until after it was locked, you may rest assured that no thread is ever deleted or locked simply because a moderator "disagrees" with a thought expressed.

That has never happened here, and I do not believe it ever will. :wink: