Thoughts on promoting GCO

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by luke0927, May 16, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Every year in Atlanta they have the Buckarama the Atlanta expo center. not sure who is familiar but its it starts on Thursday and runs through Sunday and is slammed packed every day with hunter, fellow shooters etc....might be something worth looking into for maybe putting up a booth and getting some good advertising.

just a thought.

http://www.gwf.org/shows/atlantabuck.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

And a good thought. As well as gun shows. The only thing stopping us so far has been a lack of volunteers.

It is probably too late to get a table at this particular event, though, and short time to get volunteers.

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Who do I contact to volunteer to man a table at any Cobb/Cherokee area event?

4. Malum Prohibitum

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I missed that one.

OK, breaking one of my cardinal rules for living.... I vol... I voll... I vo...

Errr. Uh. OK, OK, OK! I'll do it.

Depends on where, but I'm pretty much available whenever.

Unfortunately, like Adam5, I probably won't be allowed to have any cash or credit cards on my person while I'm there.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Sorry. Must post in other link.

Heh, heh. You gotta do it twice. :twisted:

7. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Malum,
    I usually go to the buckarama. It's a nice event and very crowded every year. I would like to be a volunteer if we could get a table to promote GCO.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Any volunteers to get the information about this? If so, we need cost, what is needed (equipment, &c.), and rules like do we need to man it every day from open to close. Send the information to the GCO email (on the site at the bottom of the page).

9. Malum Prohibitum

Oh, hey, wait, this is in August!

10. Malum Prohibitum

:lol:

I thought you meant tomorrow! :roll:

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Nope sorry should have put that in the post not just in the link!

12. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Does GCO place literature in gun shops?

13. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Malum,
    Here you go.

Georgia Wildlife Federation Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Shows!
    Exhibitor Space Rental

STANDARD BOOTH: 10’ by 10’ with 8’ draped back wall & 3’ side wall
    (not included in bulk space).

SIZE RENTAL
    10 ft x 10 ft $500.00 each
    5 or more adjacent booths $450.00

KIOSKS: A limited number of kiosks are available for non-profit organizations and government agencies. These are non-retail areas designed for display of information only. Please inquire (770-787-7887).

BULK SPACE: Limited to boats, recreational vehicles, ATV’s, campers, trucks and other similar products. $2.75 per square foot. Some outside space is available at the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter in Perry. Limited space for food vendors is available in the patio area of the Atlanta Expo Center. Please inquire (770-787-7887).

FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES: Tables, chairs, carpet, electricity and telephone are available at additional cost. Information on placing an order for these items will be included with your contract, and orders should be placed 30 days in advance of the show.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE: A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve booth space. Payment in full is due by November 30 for the Fisharama and Turkeyrama; and by June 30 for the Buckarama. No refunds will be made unless requested in writing not less than 30 days prior to the show date.

METHOD OF PAYMENT: Georgia Wildlife Federation accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Check or Money Order. All prices are in U.S. funds only. Current exchange rates must be applied on foreign accounts.

14. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

...but can you carry while you're attending?

15. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

????????

NO, But thats why it's called concealed. Last season there where no magnetrons in place.
    Disclaimer:
    I do not advicate breaking the law.
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Re: ????????

Personally, I would not carry there, especially while representing GCO. IF your gun seen or discovered it could be a a "black eye" and lead to bad publicity for GCO. We are trying to influence change in GA laws, and prortray those of us that carry in a good, law abiding light. Breaking the law while representing our organization can easily work against us.

What you do and where you do and don't carry on your time is your business. What you do and where you do and don't carry while representing all of us becomes all our our business.

17. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

They do in Acworth 8)

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member