Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Thoughts and prayers needed

780 views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Ken1961 
#1 ·
Just wanted to ask for some thoughts and prayers for one of our own. This member and his wife lost their 2 year old son on monday.He was born with heart problems and after a hard, painful fight with more than few tears God took him home. So please take a minute and say a prayer for Mom and Dad because the little dude is in a better place than we are.

When you read this give me a PM and I will give you my numbers so we can talk.

#4 ·
Prayers inbound.

I've shared this before...
I lost my 12 year old son Josh to cancer in 2000. It still hurts and always will even though I know he is in a much better place.
Parents aren't supposed to have their kids die.
If I die my wife is a widow.
If she dies I am a widower.
If we both die the kids are orphans.
If a parent loses a child.....
there is not a word to describe it.
[-o<

#5 ·
Prayers sent for the family. Also a prayer for you and your family as well teach. I know when I had to tell my father that my little brother was KIA was one of the most difficult things I have had to do, and dads sadness, and feelings of helplessness was something I could never wish on anyone. :cry:

#6 ·
Terrible thing to go through, I'm sure.
Especially these days, with child mortality rates in the USA so low. With all our modern medicine and technology-- you'd think we could eliminate this sort of thing.
But we can't.

P.S. My dad was the baby of 16 kids. He only knew 10 of them-- the rest died either before he was born or before my dad was old enough to remember them.
Another one died as a teenager. So for most of my dad's life, he only knew 9 brothers and sisters. This was in the early 1900s throug the 1920s. The Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918-1919 was partly to blame. Looking at headstones in old cemetaries, it looks like until the mid-20th century, having babies or young children die was quite common.

#7 ·
The Math Teacher said:
Prayers inbound.

I've shared this before...
I lost my 12 year old son Josh to cancer in 2000. It still hurts and always will even though I know he is in a much better place.
Parents aren't supposed to have their kids die.
If I die my wife is a widow.
If she dies I am a widower.
If we both die the kids are orphans.
If a parent loses a child.....
there is not a word to describe it.
[-o<
And worth re-quoting!!!

[-o<

#13 ·
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< Prayers inbound and heaven bound for this family. Their son is now playing and laughing with our heavenly father. I sense their pain as 14 years ago my son was diagnosed with cancer at age 3mos. After surgery and radiation and a lot of prayers, he was said to be cancer free 7 years ago. Now 14 and playing high school football.This just to show the power of prayer.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with this family in their time of need.

#15 ·
It's awful when something like this happens, especially to someone so young. My heartfelt prayers go out to this family. I also pray that this tragedy, as painful as I know it is, brings this family closer to the Lord. They'll be reunited one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.