Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anybody has been taken in by all the media attention given to James Cameron's documentary.

Those Bogus "Jesus Bones"

This hoax of a documentary will air on March 4 on the Discovery Channel.

:roll:

"There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact." --Mark Twain

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,820 Posts
I heard about it, but pretty much ignored it. I brushed it off like when they supposedly found the Shhroud of Turin, Noah's ark, The Ark of The Covenant, or Jimmy Hoffa's body.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
The way I heard it they found Jimmy Hoffa's body wrapped in the shround of Turin, inside the Ark of The Covenant, aboard Noah's ark. Clutched in his hand were the scrolls from Alexandria which had a map to Jesus' bones written on the back in invisable ink...

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
The way I heard it they found Jimmy Hoffa's body wrapped in the shround of Turin, inside the Ark of The Covenant, aboard Noah's ark. Clutched in his hand were the scrolls from Alexandria which had a map to Jesus' bones written on the back in invisable ink...
An' dem bones is gonna be reburied next to Anna Nicole...... just as soon as Britany gets outta rehab again!

How can anybody take the media seriously?

Or maybe, it's how can anybody take the American public seriously? I guess they wouldn't show or print this crap if people weren't interested. I guess...

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
This kind of nonsense just puts me to :sleep:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did I hear them say they were going to perform a DNA test of some sort?

Is there some kind of Savior DNA database we need to know about?

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Foul said:
:lol:

Yeah, that was my first thought, but, apparently, it only establishes which bones are and are not related to one another.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,820 Posts
Foul said:
Did I hear them say they were going to perform a DNA test of some sort?

I was thinking about that on my home from work tonight.

·
Registered
633 Posts
This is just as bogus than The Divinci Code, which btw I did not watch. How is it that they can make movies that try to attack the core beliefs of Christianity? This is blasphemy pure and simple. Hollywood is helping to spread the lies and false teachings that we have been warned about in the end times.

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doc Holliday said:
This is just as bogus than The Divinci Code, which btw I did not watch. How is it that they can make movies that try to attack the core beliefs of Christianity? This is blasphemy pure and simple. Hollywood is helping to spread the lies and false teachings that we have been warned about in the end times.
At least that was arguably fiction (even if the author was running around telling everybody it was based on historical fact).

This is a documentary.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
Not trying to start a flame war, but a couple of little documents called "The Constitution" and "Bill of Rights". Yes our country was founded on some moral guiding principle from the Prtotestant faith. Just as Americans have freedom of religion, we also have freedom from religion as well.

This post is not intended to belittle anyone, or minimalize any beliefs, I just have a habit of pointing out other sides to whatever coin has been tossed. (just ask my wife :roll: )

·
Registered
633 Posts
slabertooch said:
Doc Holliday said:
Not trying to start a flame war, but a couple of little documents called "The Constitution" and "Bill of Rights". Yes our country was founded on some moral guiding principle from the Prtotestant faith. Just as Americans have freedom of religion, we also have freedom from religion as well.

This post is not intended to belittle anyone, or minimalize any beliefs, I just have a habit of pointing out other sides to whatever coin has been tossed. (just ask my wife :roll: )
Well the question is more of a rhetorical one. I understand about the first amendment. I just don't appreciate it when someone mocks my faith.

·
Registered
397 Posts
SO?

For those of us who believe in the resurection of Jesus Christ, I have one question for Mr. Cameron. "If those are supposed to be His remains where are you going to get original DNA to match"?
Just a thought.
Take care,
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeah - the Holy Grail.

It's kept in that secret chamber. You just have to get past a couple of tests, and some really old guy with a sword, then pick the right cup & take a drink. :lol:

"He chose.... poorly"

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tinkerhell said:
Yeah - the Holy Grail.
French Accent: Go away! He's already got one!

English Accent: What?

English Accent 2: He said they've already got one.

French Accent, whispered behind wall: I told him we've already got one!

Lots of frenchmen snickering . . .

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I find the "Jesus Bones" to be the same has hundreds of thousands of other relics, :bsflag: . Think about it, if you put together all the wood which has been claimed to be from his crucifixion, it would not make up the shape of a cross, but that of a forest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts