This weekend

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by natemg, Oct 22, 2007.

1. natemg

natemg New Member

Sine I got my GFL I have been randomly taking my PF9 w/ me in my pocket holseter. Sometimes on me, sometimes in my center console. Last night on the way to dinner, realized i had my little gun in my car, but we were going to a restaruant w/ beer, so I left it in my car, no big deal. On the way home my gas light went on, I'm sure i could have chanced it but w/ the wife and baby in the car I decided to fill up. I just grined when I remembered that I had my gun w/ me. I normally would feel kind of unsafe filling up in this negborhood at night, but since I had my pistol, I felt a little better. Im not the biggest guy, and I drive what i consider a nice car, so I think I am somewhat a target.
    I know you dont want a false sense of security, but I know if some punk had tried to jump me or threaten the life of my family, there would have been some concequences.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton: Feels good, doesn't it?

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Its best to avoid the gas light problem. Get in the habit of filling up at a half tank.

And :welcome:

4. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

I try and do that...at least never let it get under a 1/4.

also :welcome:

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

That was still illegal, by the way.

:oops:

6. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

+1. The risk of slipping up is why you learn never to give your source and destination to an LEO when pulled over. Not advocating breaking the law to begin with of course. :shock:

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea. Most of the time I'm driving just around town here, so it's not a big deal. However, I think ahead of time, too.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I would have to fill up almost every day to do it at a half tank. No, thanks.

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Also, make sure you are carrying in condition 1 or your gun will likely be nothing more than a bluff to a perp and will likely get you killed. There are several threads about this on this site. I used to think carrying a gun was enough, now I feel if the gun isn't condition 1 then I might as well not have it.

Welcome aboard.

10. ber950

ber950 Active Member

It works out to every other day for me. Its a pain but it leaves me with fuel in the tank in an emergency. When I had the 4x4 it was every day. I would rather fill up every day than walk home.
    No Thanks

11. shamalama

shamalama New Member

In my front pants pocket.
    Everyday.
    Everywhere.
    Period.

I will deal with the Court if it happens. But I'd rather be there than in the Morgue.

Just my 2¢

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Never go armed where you wouldn't go unarmed.

13. tace

tace New Member

Hey MP, did I tell you about my uncle who traded his 2500 Suburban for a Kia? :twisted:

14. tace

tace New Member

EAV? You probably should have it on you there :)

:welcome:

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

1994 Saturn . . . :wink:

16. M249

M249 New Member

:exactly:

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Excellent advice.

If it doesn't feel "right", it probably isn't.

[-X

18. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member