This Just In! Georgia Mall

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I was driving back from court (where I had just opened a can o' whoop ass) listening to the radio when I heard that police had just captured, after a car chase, 2 or three criminals who opened fire at Macy's employees at the Mall of Georgia.

Anybody know if the Mall of Georgia is posted or has a no guns policy?

:-s

2. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Not sure about the policy. It was just a few months ago that a young lady was abducted in that parking lot, taken to a nearby house, raped, and returned to the parking lot. Mall of GA is not all peace and tranquility.

3. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

It should be called Maul of Georgia

4. thebugman

thebugman New Member

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=84318

Police in Gwinnett County gave chase down I-85 southbound Wednesday as they hunted suspects in a carjacking outside the Macy's store at the Mall of Georgia Wednesday.

Some of the suspects left the mall in the stolen White Mercury Mountaineer and headed down the highway with police vehicles in pursuit. However, the officers lost the vehicle at I-85 and Pleasantdale Road.

The Georgia State Patrol, DeKalb Police, and Gwinnett Police were searching the Mall of Georgia for any of the suspects who may have remained behind.

5. thebugman

thebugman New Member

And this from another forum I frequent.

"I work at that Macy's, and while I wasn't there at the time of the incident, my husband who works central heard it on the radio on the way to work and called me. I went in to work at 6pm and got the story from one of our loss prevention guys. The perps had stolen from us before this, so lp was on the lookout for them again. The lp guy caught one of them and was holding him on the ground attempting to cuff him when one of the others went back to their vehicle and got a gun. He instructed our lp guy to let his buddy go, and that's when the shot was fired. I don't know the specifics of the shot, but no one was injured. Apparently, two of the offenders were caught at the McDonald's across the street from the mall. We had a northside officer doing a part-time there tonight, which to my knowledge we've never had before. I think we should always have an officer around like that because it would likely cut down on thefts, but I'm doubting Macy's will pay for it."

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I live right by the Mall of Georgia and go there weekly. (fiance loves to shop).

Anyways, they are a SIMON mall. We all know their corporate policy. They have a code of conduct posted on the main entrance, which is in the back and one in the entrance facing Buford Drive. They are not obvious at all, they are a standard poster with enough informaiton on it to look like a scribe! Small print and not facing you as you enter. Usually on an adjacent wall inside, or on a column facing the opposite direction. You really have to look for them!

I read the signs, usually do every few months out of curiosity, and nothing says that firearms are not allowed. They do have some legal verbage stating that all state and federal laws are to be followed, sorry I am not that well versed in the language. But after reading it, nothing leads me to believe that concealed firearms by CCW holders was not allowed. They mention gang related clothing, the usual conduct stuff. I actually think their no smoking signs and that policy is enforced even more so than anything else. Upon entering and in the courtyard there signs all over the place say no smoking or soliciting.

Now when you go to Discover Mills on Sugarloaf, just south of the Mall of Georgia, they specifically mention the concealed license.

The Mall of Georgia has a very large and very present security presence. But they look more like boy scounts on steroids! They have those two wheel people movers, at least 2 vehicles driving in the parking lot. Did any of this help, NO WAY IN HELL. Their is a new gwinnett police and fire station about a quarter of a mile away.

7. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Since signs have no legal bearing I don't even look.

8. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

If you are concealed, they won't know, you aren't breaking the law, and the sheep aren't panicked.

8)

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Yeah Discover Mills does at the entrance I read. It has been about 6 months since I read it. And as mentioned concealed means just that as well as the sign thing not meaning much as well.

I was surprised to see it mentioned as well.

10. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I know bass pro shops has a sign that says to check all firearms at the front before you enter the store. I ignore that sign since I check my firearm before I leave the house. :D

11. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

I have never seen a sign and carry there every time.

12. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

I have never seen the sign and carry there every time too.

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

well like i mentioned, you have to really look for them! Not that I place much effort to it............

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Openly? :lol:

15. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Openly? :lol:[/quote:eek:xejvgnx]
    What brought this up? It's been 9 months!