This Just In! Carjacker Shot by Bystander in Acworth.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The details may be wrong as I am hearing tis third hand, but my wife called and related a news story of a carjacker in Acworth. It unfortunately ended tragically for the woman in the car . . .

Carjacker approaches woman at gas station. Woman fights, but is forced into car, which speeds away. Car strikes cement truck and woman is killed. :cry: Carjacker exits vehicle and approaches bystander, then raises his weapon. Wrong bystander. Bystander fires three shots, killing carjacker. Bystander unharmed.

We'll see if the facts are correct later, but apparently the police have decided the shooting was justified.

2. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Very sad, my heart goes out to the women's family.

The article says that the citizen might have prevented another crime. Imagine that, an armed citizen helping out, who would have thought it possible.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Another link with more detail about what the citizen, Shawn Roberts, saw and did. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... cking.html

My condolences to the woman who died (with a pre-school child, no less), but at least somebody acted. Usually, nobody helps in that situation. You are lucky if they even call the police.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

If it turns out to be the same person, I wonder where the gun he stole was kept? From the article it sounds like the gun might have been removed from her house.

5. Malum Prohibitum

The husband has more details than the news stories above, which in comparison appear to be nothing more than rampant speculation.

The Story is conained at Kimberly Boyd Legacy Link