This is really cool animation

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Macktee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

You'd be amazed (I know I was!) at the number of parts that go into a four cylinder engine.

Here's a cool animation from Ford of Germany showing how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vXU7DJEfY

Great little movie and a wonderful :bowdown: company.

Hey! They send me a retirement check every month!!!

:woohoo:

If you're really interested in watching more of this kinda stuff, from the Ford video you can find similar stuff from Mack, Mercedes, Ford (again) and others. Enjoy!

:popcorn:

2. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I've seen that before. Last time it was when a GM employee showed it to me as an example of the GM Ecotec engine. Can anyone verify the actual identity of the motor?

3. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Looks like it is a Ford after all

4. Wiley

Wiley Guest

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They cut the video short before it exploded. :wink:

6. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

7. tace

tace New Member

Talking about explosions and motors. I called up my brother who works for Fiat on his cell phone once. He said he was on the factory floor and when we were talking there was a loud bang of an explosion.

I asked him what it was and he says "Oh, we have a car on a simulator running a million miles on simulated Turkish terrain, it exploded!". He said that a car in Turkey's roads takes about 4 times more of a beating than a typical European car.

That was the first time I have heard of an exploding car outside of Hollywood movies. Well, until those police interceptors from Ford ;)