This is pretty messed up if you ask me

Discussion in 'In the News' started by blind_shake, Jul 30, 2007.

1. blind_shake

blind_shake Active Member

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/man-dies-after-police-break-up-exorcism/20070729201509990001

"After the initial stun had no visible effect, another officer squeezed into the room and stunned him. The girl was freed and passed through the door to the relative, Tranter said." This sounds like a scene out of Constantine.

The cause of death was not immediately known, and autopsy results probably will not be available for several weeks, Tranter said.

Anybody think this was a real exorcism or police excessive abuse case? :shock:

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Are over half of the people that voted really that stupid?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Probably some nut job doing a "real" exorcism; either way, society benefits from that family's loss.

Exorcism.....I mean...c'mon......what year is this?

4. blind_shake

"I will stand up for your right to believe whatever you want to believe so that i might have the right to believe in my own way" ... unless its choking out your own granddaughter! :shock:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Their religion is informed more by movies than by the Bible.

6. Malum Prohibitum

I have another question, though. Why did the officers wait to use a stun gun and wait on the effect after the first use was ineffectual? if I saw some man choking a three year old, I would have kicked him in the head repeatedly until he ceased all aggressive behavior.

7. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

QFT.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Your acronym search
    returned 11 meanings
    showing all definitions

Quantum Field Theory
    Quantitative Feedback Theory
    Quantum Fourier Transform
    Quoted For Truth (website; slang)
    Qualified Funeral Trust
    Quantitative Fluorescence Technique
    Quality Face Time
    Quest For Tech, Inc.
    Quit Freaking Talking
    Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)
    Quoted for Truth

9. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

10. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

QFT = Quoted for Truth

I never heard of it being used for quit freaking talking. The rest of 'em you could probably discount anyway.

11. merlock

merlock New Member

Even scarier...they are voting in *real* elections. :evil:

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I don't know, with MP's statement...
    Kind of sounds like "Quality Face Time" to me. :shattered:

13. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I saw a story on Fox News about this incident, and they brought in a Catholic priest that explained how this didn't meet the guidelines for an exorcism and couldn't be valid. I guess the fact that it could have been a religion completely other than Catholicism never crossed the priest's or the producer's minds.

14. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You expect a priest to think about something other than his own religion?

This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.

full disclosure I'm a Catholic who attends Mass every week, confesses like a good boy, says the rosary daily, and puts my freakin' five dollars in the basket every week... I still don't believe in exorcisms.

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Let's not forget these are the same wonderful people who have brought us the Ten Commandments of Driving.

No, I'm not making this up.

16. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

At least they're sensible rules.

1 You shall not kill

2 The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm

3 Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you to deal with unforeseen events

4 Be charitable and help your neighbour in need, especially victims of accidents

5 Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination or an occasion for sin

6 Charitably convince the young and not-so-young not to drive when they are not in a fit condition

7 Support the families of accident victims

8 Bring guilty motorists and their victims together so they can experience forgiveness

9 On the road, protect the more vulnerable party

10 Feel responsible towards others

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was gonna say something to the effect of "they're sticking their nose where it doesn't belong." Then I realized how foolish that comment would sound in light of the people I am talking about.

btw...rule number five...last part....made me lol.

18. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Yes I see.....

To translate the last part of number five; Tho shalt not Fordnicate.

"Lord forgive me and feed all the starving pygmies in New Guinea"
    :rotfl2:

19. Malum Prohibitum

What is wrong with that? If they did not believe that they were the true church, then what would be the point?

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not think that the Catholic Church is "the true church," but I do not understand your criticism of them believing that they are right and others are wrong.

Are all young people today moral and cultural relativists?

20. blind_shake

Well believing that the Catholic church is the true and only church led to the persecution of anabaptists and prodestants for hundreds of yrs so I have an little issue with that statement.