Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/man-dies-after-police-break-up-exorcism/20070729201509990001

"After the initial stun had no visible effect, another officer squeezed into the room and stunned him. The girl was freed and passed through the door to the relative, Tranter said." This sounds like a scene out of Constantine.

The cause of death was not immediately known, and autopsy results probably will not be available for several weeks, Tranter said.

Anybody think this was a real exorcism or police excessive abuse case? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Do you believe demons can possess people?
Yes 56%
No 44%

Do you believe exorcisms can expel demons from people?
No 53%
Yes 47%
Are over half of the people that voted really that stupid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
blind_shake said:
Anybody think this was a real exorcism or police excessive abuse case?
Probably some nut job doing a "real" exorcism; either way, society benefits from that family's loss.

Exorcism.....I mean...c'mon......what year is this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"I will stand up for your right to believe whatever you want to believe so that i might have the right to believe in my own way" ... unless its choking out your own granddaughter! :shock:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
69,743 Posts
Rammstein said:
Do you believe demons can possess people?
Yes 56%
No 44%

Do you believe exorcisms can expel demons from people?
No 53%
Yes 47%
Are over half of the people that voted really that stupid?
Yes. Their religion is informed more by movies than by the Bible.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
69,743 Posts
I have another question, though. Why did the officers wait to use a stun gun and wait on the effect after the first use was ineffectual? if I saw some man choking a three year old, I would have kicked him in the head repeatedly until he ceased all aggressive behavior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I have another question, though. Why did the officers wait to use a stun gun and wait on the effect after the first use was ineffectual? if I saw some man choking a three year old, I would have kicked him in the head repeatedly until he ceased all aggressive behavior.
QFT.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
69,743 Posts
Your acronym search
returned 11 meanings
showing all definitions

Quantum Field Theory
Quantitative Feedback Theory
Quantum Fourier Transform
Quoted For Truth (website; slang)
Qualified Funeral Trust
Quantitative Fluorescence Technique
Quality Face Time
Quest For Tech, Inc.
Quit Freaking Talking
Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)
Quoted for Truth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Your acronym search
returned 11 meanings
showing all definitions

Quantum Field Theory
Quantitative Feedback Theory
Quantum Fourier Transform
Quoted For Truth (website; slang)
Qualified Funeral Trust
Quantitative Fluorescence Technique
Quality Face Time
Quest For Tech, Inc.
Quit Freaking Talking
Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)
Quoted for Truth
QFT = Quoted for Truth

I never heard of it being used for quit freaking talking. The rest of 'em you could probably discount anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,460 Posts
Thorsen said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Your acronym search
returned 11 meanings
showing all definitions

Quantum Field Theory
Quantitative Feedback Theory
Quantum Fourier Transform
Quoted For Truth (website; slang)
Qualified Funeral Trust
Quantitative Fluorescence Technique
Quality Face Time
Quest For Tech, Inc.
Quit Freaking Talking
Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)
Quoted for Truth
QFT = Quoted for Truth

I never heard of it being used for quit freaking talking. The rest of 'em you could probably discount anyway.
I don't know, with MP's statement...
I would have kicked him in the head repeatedly until he ceased all aggressive behavior
Kind of sounds like "Quality Face Time" to me. :shattered:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
I saw a story on Fox News about this incident, and they brought in a Catholic priest that explained how this didn't meet the guidelines for an exorcism and couldn't be valid. I guess the fact that it could have been a religion completely other than Catholicism never crossed the priest's or the producer's minds.
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
legacy38 said:
I saw a story on Fox News about this incident, and they brought in a Catholic priest that explained how this didn't meet the guidelines for an exorcism and couldn't be valid. I guess the fact that it could have been a religion completely other than Catholicism never crossed the priest's or the producer's minds.
You expect a priest to think about something other than his own religion?

This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.

full disclosure I'm a Catholic who attends Mass every week, confesses like a good boy, says the rosary daily, and puts my freakin' five dollars in the basket every week... I still don't believe in exorcisms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
gsusnake said:
This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.
Let's not forget these are the same wonderful people who have brought us the Ten Commandments of Driving.

No, I'm not making this up.
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:
This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.
Let's not forget these are the same wonderful people who have brought us the Ten Commandments of Driving.

No, I'm not making this up.
At least they're sensible rules.

1 You shall not kill

2 The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm

3 Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you to deal with unforeseen events

4 Be charitable and help your neighbour in need, especially victims of accidents

5 Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination or an occasion for sin

6 Charitably convince the young and not-so-young not to drive when they are not in a fit condition

7 Support the families of accident victims

8 Bring guilty motorists and their victims together so they can experience forgiveness

9 On the road, protect the more vulnerable party

10 Feel responsible towards others
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
I was gonna say something to the effect of "they're sticking their nose where it doesn't belong." Then I realized how foolish that comment would sound in light of the people I am talking about.

btw...rule number five...last part....made me lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Yes I see.....

Rammstein said:
I was gonna say something to the effect of "they're sticking their nose where it doesn't belong." Then I realized how foolish that comment would sound in light of the people I am talking about.

btw...rule number five...last part....made me lol.
To translate the last part of number five; Tho shalt not Fordnicate.

"Lord forgive me and feed all the starving pygmies in New Guinea"
:rotfl2:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
69,743 Posts
gsusnake said:
This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.
What is wrong with that? If they did not believe that they were the true church, then what would be the point?

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not think that the Catholic Church is "the true church," but I do not understand your criticism of them believing that they are right and others are wrong.

Are all young people today moral and cultural relativists?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
This is the organization that declares on a regular basis that any church that is NOT the Catholic church is not a "true" church.
What is wrong with that? If they did not believe that they were the true church, then what would be the point?

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not think that the Catholic Church is "the true church," but I do not understand your criticism of them believing that they are right and others are wrong.

Are all young people today moral and cultural relativists?
Well believing that the Catholic church is the true and only church led to the persecution of anabaptists and prodestants for hundreds of yrs so I have an little issue with that statement.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top