This is just what Louisanna needs...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Macktee, May 31, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Source: Nagin considering gubernatorial bid

Nagin is considering a run for governor, a source tells CNN.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is seriously considering a Louisiana gubernatorial bid, a political intimate of Nagin tells CNN.

According to public records and his campaign treasurer, the two-term Democrat has raised more than a half-million dollars in campaign contributions since he was re-elected in 2006, even though Nagin can't run for mayor again. (New Orleans limits mayors to two terms.)

The mayor's senior staff members say Nagin is often approached on the street and asked if he'll run for governor, but they say he just laughs off the suggestion. At the mayor's State of the City speech Wednesday, many local politicians told CNN they'd heard the rumors.

If Nagin does decide to run for the state's highest office, it could be an uphill battle. A recent Loyola University poll showed Nagin had an approval rating of just 19% in New Orleans.

In March, current Democratic Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco announced she would not seek a second term. Former Louisiana Sen. John Breaux, also a Democrat, entertained the notion of running for the post earlier in the year, but ultimately ruled against it.

On the GOP side, Rep. Bobby Jindal has announced he is running for the post.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Moved to Off Topic, or, I can put it in National if you like.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I think his head is too big. He thinks the world of himself.

4. Dan H

Dan H New Member

This guy is an idiot. I cant believe some of the things that came out of his mouth after Katrina. No class and your typical ignorant moron...

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Another hurricane?

oh...I'm sorry......I said that out loud, didn't I.....

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I guess he figures that if the people of Nawlins were stupid enough to elect him in the first place and then were stupid enough to re-elect him after his performance he might as well take a shot at the whole state. Hopefully he'll win as we sure don't want him in Congress.

7. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

that man is a poor example of a leader...

8. merlock

merlock New Member

Nagin reminds me of Middle Ga's own C. Jack (Hakim) Ellis. :roll:

The people of Macon were dumb enough to elect him for a 2nd term as well.

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

It's always great to start the stay with a C. Jack reference. :)

I heard that he converted to Islam. He was flirting hot and heavy with the Nuwabians before their "leader" went to federal prison. Any chance he is trying to move in and take over that group?

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Never heard of the guy. What am I missing?

Or, do I really want to know?

11. merlock

merlock New Member

C. Jack is the current mayor of Macon. And, you're not missing anything. :lol:

Our C. Jack is about as crooked and inept as they come. :)

12. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

C. stands for crazy. He was a used car salesman that got elected mayor. He has constantly mismanaged the city government and been in legal issues. He fired a fairly decent police chief after the chief began investigating allegations that the mayor had done domestic violence on his wife. This was after he went out and made a traffic stop and created a huge mess and blamed the entire thing on a lack of training in the PD among other things.