Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a post for some 556 ammo and I get this chat:

I'm not talking bad vibes as in I go out of my way to screen ammo purchase buyers, but something about it just sat uneasy with me.

A millionaire stocking up over a year has around 5,000 rounds? I know us poor folk who have more than that.

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
A millionaire stocking up over a year has around 5,000 rounds? I know us poor folk who have more than that.
Piker...

5K is small fry...

You'd think a millionaire who was "stocking up" would be buying 5K at a TIME...

Definitely fishy.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Yep, does not pass the sniff test

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
What I don't get is... what is the angle. What is the play? :lol:
Imagine if you would have kept playing along it would have become pretty clear, either they were going to try something at the meeting, or some money scam like one of those African prince scams. Of course, we could be wrong and it could be some new complex scam that we just haven't heard of yet.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I don't know, I'm a millionaire, I'm stocking up & I've got 5k in 556. I think it's above board.

...Well, I'll be a millionaire when the Nigerian Prince deposits my cut of his 50 million inheritance into my checking account. Should be any day now.

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
I got an email from the FBI last week that I needed to provide my bank info so they could release $20 million to me. They said they needed to take out some taxes and it would be a bit short of the $20.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I believe you made the sale to involved so the guy messed with you. You had a price, you stated firm why would you think he would want to trade or offer you less? That really is a rhetorical question as I know many people can't understand firm / no trades but this guy probably can and kind of got insulted.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
You had a price, you stated firm why would you think he would want to trade or offer you less?
Because people do it all the time. I've sold arcade games and had people try to renegotiate after it was on their truck.

·
69,784 Posts
We have millionaires posting on this forum. They did not get that way by splurging $$$$ on gigantic ammunition shopping trips.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
We have millionaires posting on this forum. They did not get that way by splurging $$$$ on gigantic ammunition shopping trips.
Truth.

I have noticed that some members will post about buying the latest and greatest firearm or their big ass collection of weapons in one post and then go on the credit thread and complain about not being able to make ends meet. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I know plenty of folks who won't spend large amounts of money on ammo at gun stores or online because they don't want to be traced as having bought it. Cash only, in person buys. Paranoid, but they exist. Those same people don't usually have facebook.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts