Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

This article is so ridiculously full of CRAP!

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  ahlongslide 
#1 ·
#2 ·
"Two agents (as well as the suspects) were killed, leading to a demand for more firepower for officers, who still typically carried the venerable .38-caliber Police Special. Those hold six bullets in a rotating cylinder that when empty has to be reloaded manually, one round at a time."

Any credibility that MIGHT have been contained in that article was completely lost by this one BS statement alone.

Another f***tard writing about something of which he knows squat.

#9 ·
Foul said:
"Two agents (as well as the suspects) were killed, leading to a demand for more firepower for officers, who still typically carried the venerable .38-caliber Police Special. Those hold six bullets in a rotating cylinder that when empty has to be reloaded manually, one round at a time."

Any credibility that MIGHT have been contained in that article was completely lost by this one BS statement alone.

Another f***tard writing about something of which he knows squat.
The 1986 Miami shootout showcased the shortcomings of the 9mm. The 115 gr Silvertips failed to stop the shooters. The agent had to finish the guy off with six shots of .38 spc. Every single argument the against the 9mm for SD always went back to this shooting. I guess he conviently" forgot" to include that the 9mm was involved in this shootout. This is the reason we have the 10mm and .40 S&W today folks.

Here is an article on the shooting from Wiki. Check out the links as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Miami_shootout%2C_1986

#14 ·
Rammstein said:
It's not the size of the hole, it is where you place them,

You can shoot a man in the toe with a .22 or a .45, but it won't stop the fight.
I understand that but what I am saying is how many of these people died from less accurate shot placement that bled to death because time ran out? How many of these people could have still been in the fight for a while? (If VT had gave them that option :evil: ) In my opinion, the 9mm is still not a gamma death ray, nor really is any handgun for that matter just because of the VT shooter.

I am just saying that is is premature to call off the caliber war when we don't know those things.

#21 ·
What are you guys talking about?!?!?! I only buy 9mm handguns because it is well known THAT IT IS THE MOST POWERFUL CARTRIDGE IN THE WORLD!!!!

:roll:

And my only rifle is a .22lr because it is THE SECOND MOST POWERFUL CARTRIDGE IN THE WORLD!!!!

#22 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
The dreaded "fearsome kick" of the mighty 9mm! :rotfl:
That's NOT a laughing matter! I won't let people stand behind me at the range, because every time I shoot my 9mm my arm does a reverse windmill and is facing behind me for a good 1.273 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.