Think of my cat

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mzmtg, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Our cat, Ki, is in the hospital with severe kidney problems, possibly due to contaminated food. Please keep him in your thoughts.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

:(

I hope your cat didn't get tainted food. Was it otherwise healthy?

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Pets can be like family. Good luck. Our dog is sick, I feel for you.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

man good luck.... we have had several furry felines in at the vet school from the food stuff.

let me know if I can help anyway. even if it is just explaining things the doc tells you

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I stopped feeding my cat wet food because of that. He is 16 years old and I was afraid the slightest bit could push him over the edge.

In college when I would call home, I always asked how my cat (same cat as above) was doing. One day my mom got upset after I asked about my cat. Seems she didn't like me always asking about how my cat was doing first, before asking if she, my father and sister were doing ok. :oops:

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

That's sweet....

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

My mom asked me who I missed the most from my family....I paused for a few seconds then said "Coco" (our dog).

Apparently, that answer was not appreciated.

8. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Our cat has been on dry food his whole life. For the last couple of years, he's been on Iam's Indoor formula. While there aren't any dry cat foods on the recall list yet, the list grows every day. Our vet is very worried that he's showing all the same symptoms as cats that have been exposed to the tainted wet food. Up until last Thrusday, he was an otherwise healthy (if slightly chubby) 7-year-old.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Good luck with that, hope all gets better.

10. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Hope things go well. Pets are people too! My mother had two cats. One was 24 years old and the other one was 20.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I Hope you cat is ok. With the growing list of pet food recalls, we are keeping a close eye on our five dogs.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When my wife is travelling on business, she has me put her on speaker phone so that she can say hi to the dogs. Some times they look totally confused when she does it.

14. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

We brought him home from the vet for tonight. He's much more relaxed and we've been able to get him to eat a little. He'll go back in tomorrow so they can continue to monitor him.

That's good progress, so we're remaining hopeful.

15. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Sorry to hear about Ki, mzmtg. I hope that he rebounds well. We've been watching the recall also. We feed our Bullmastiffs, Max and Sam, mainly home prepared foods like skinless chicken, vegetables, (no corn) etc. We do use a dry dog food base, but have not found it on the recall list, nor is wheat gluten in the ingredients.

Thanks for sharing the link, ptsmith24.

Here's part of our family, Max left, Sam right. They're brothers and two years old. Please indulge me on the pet pic.

[​IMG]

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey mzmtg,

At least things sound a little better. People who've never had pets simply have no idea how closely we bond with them. I certainly hope all goes well for you.

Nice looking boys there WTH. It must be like feeding two teenage boys...

17. Watch_Their_Hands

Yep, sure is. Between them, they eat about 100+lbs a month.

18. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

We got the second set of blood tests done on him yesterday. Thankfully he showed some improvement. The biggest change has been his demeanor over the last 36 hours or so. He's back to acting like a normal, if tired, kitty. He's no longer acting like a sick cat.

We've brought him home and will continue to treat him with sub-cu fluids and other medications for the time being. We'll get his blood tested again next week and see if he has continued to improve.

Overall, the outlook has improved immensely.

Here's an old pic of him:
    [​IMG]

19. Watch_Their_Hands

It's good to hear that he is showing some improvement, mzmtg. :D Glad to hear it.

20. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

glad to her you kitty is up and around again!