Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Centerfire Training currently has scheduled the Think, Move, Shoot Class for Saturday Jan 15th. Anyone else planning on going? I took this class about a year ago and got plenty out of it to take it again. Scott puts on a great class and I always learn from his instruction, as well as from watching the other participants.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
hmmm...im tempted...i havent had training in a while but this looks like a good class!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'm a glutton for punishment, so I may do it again. Last time it was c-c-C-CoLd.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts
Ok, now I'm torn. Was hoping to take Scott's shotgun class on Jan 22, but this looks like something I need, too (Notice the word: "need" :lol: ).

So, for you guys who have taken this class, the shotgun class, or both... which should I take? Like most of us, I can only afford one!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I also took this class last year with Scott and it was absolutely a great class.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I also took this class last year with Scott and it was absolutely a great class.
+1

I'd take it again in a heartbeat if I didn't have a little one due in early Jan.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
bottom of the page
http://www.centerfiretraining.com/id17.html

I haven't found the price yet. It doesn't say if there are any requirements for prior training, so for those that have been through it, what are your thoughts on the experience level?

Edit: top of the page "not for beginners" :cantsay: How did I miss that?

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks guys
I'll help you out.
Anyone who signs up for both the Think, Move and Shoot as well as the Defensive Shotgun class gets a $25 discount of both classes. That is $250 for the pair. To get the discount you need to sign up and pay for both before Jan 1st.

PS This makes an awesome gift for someone for Christmas. I can do a nice gift certificate. So spread the word please.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TimBob said:
Ok, now I'm torn. Was hoping to take Scott's shotgun class on Jan 22, but this looks like something I need, too (Notice the word: "need" :lol: ).

So, for you guys who have taken this class, the shotgun class, or both... which should I take? Like most of us, I can only afford one!
If you really depend on a shotgun for home defense and haven't had any structured training on it, I'd definitely take advantage of this class. Pistol training classes come and go all year, but the demand for shotty classes is lower, so they're fewer and farther between. There's a lot we need to know about our shotguns that we can't get by taking it out of the box, stuffing some shells in it and standing it in the corner. :mrgreen:

If, however, you depend on a pistol as your primary home defense weapon, (not to mention the fact that you strap one on your hip every day) take every pistol class you can.

I'd be taking both in a heart beat, but I have a family obligation on the 22nd. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to take the shotgun class later in the year.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Scott, what are the ammo requirements of both courses? Thanks in advance.

ETA: Is Basic Carbine on the calendar for the first half of the year by any chance?

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
moga said:
Scott, what are the ammo requirements of both courses? Thanks in advance.

ETA: Is Basic Carbine on the calendar for the first half of the year by any chance?
From another thread...

Scott 40s&w said:
The next shotgun class is Jan 22nd. from 1200-2000 cost is $150
You will need 10 slugs 10 "00" buck and 200 birdshot. Don't worry about being sore. I will show you how to prevent it. You will need a sling for the shotgun and a handheld light. Bring your pistol and 100 rounds for transition drills.
I'd bring a few more than 10 slugs if you want to see what your shotgun will do up to 100 yards.

I don't remember how many we shot in the T,M,S class last year, but I'd say 500 or so. Bring more if you want - they won't rot. :shattered:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I also took this class with Tim last spring (on a beautiful day), and I've been chatting with one of my buddies about taking it again with him in January. So yes, I'd say it's a good class to take! :D

Really though, Scott was excellent to train with, and I can't wait to get back out there and work with him some more.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts
Scott:

Thanks for the offer of the discount! I still don't know if I'll be able to take both. but I certainly hope to take at least one of the classes. Will know more as we get further into December...

Tim (and others), thanks for the input; I'll have to weigh all the options before I decide.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tim hit it on the ammo. Make sure you have a handheld flashlight or contact me for a loaner.
I have an AK Gunfighting course in April and you are welcome to bring any carbine to it.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I took this class with Bulldawg, Volgrad, Tap, Hock25, and others. It was a great investment, time and money well spent! Scott is a great instructor and this class is top-notch instruction. You won't get anything like this from standing around at the range. This is totally different and teaches you skills that may save your life/give you the edge in an armed carry encounter.

I'd love to take it again and I would if my back was healed.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Don't worry about the cold. The classroom is heated and the movement will help keep you warm. The class is designed around movement while shooting and we move a lot. There are only a few drills that are static and they involve multiple targets or moving targets.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Who's going? This time I have night sights, so I hope to improve. It's great training, for a low price, from a patient and knowledgable instructor, on a range providing a more realistic experience. :righton:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts