Thieves Steal 6 Guns from Pawn Shop, $10,000 Reward Offered

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by phantoms, Nov 23, 2010.

1. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

2. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

Most guns shops i've been in the employees are armed. i have never seen a pawn shop employee armed. Too bad.

3. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

I go into this Pawn shop on a frequent basis to check out their gun inventory. I have bought two used Glocks for really good deals there. I could have easily been in that store when this went down. The two guys that are in there most of the time do not appear to be armed.

4. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

You should visit some of our pawn shops around here. They all OC plus have other loaded guns behind the counter and in other hidden areas.

5. sirkut

sirkut Member

I'd say the majority of pawn shops in the Savannah area, the employees don't carry.

6. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

The Pawn Shop down the street from where I work always has the employees armed probably since they buy and sell handguns and rifles there.

7. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

The two pawn shops I've been to recently both have all employees armed at all times. First is Cherokee Gun and Coin in Alpharetta, and the second is Mr. Pawn over in Lilburn.

8. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Welsh has been around in Savannah for quite some time (97 years according to their website). The Skidaway store is not quite so old, and that area of town has gone down hill over the last couple decades.

Welsh isn't like some pawn shops that focus heavily on guns. From the last time I visited the Skidaway Rd. store, they were mostly focused on Jewelry.

Another story on it at http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13539426 and a video link story of the owner increasing their portion of the reward at http://www2.wsav.com/news/2010/nov/23/pawn-shop-owner-adds-reward-money-search-shooters-ar-1126298.

9. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

I can't ever remember going into a pawn shop around here where all or some of the employees weren't OCing.

10. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Man, How can you work around guns and not carry one yourself? Especially in these times. I used to think all people who worked in pawn shops carried until one that I know of was robbed and the owner killed, shot in the head. The first thing I asked was did he shoot back? and one of the witnesses said he didn't carry a gun. :(

11. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Should forward this to chucks gun and pawn. None of the employees or customer are allowed to carry