1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Most guns shops i've been in the employees are armed. i have never seen a pawn shop employee armed. Too bad.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
I go into this Pawn shop on a frequent basis to check out their gun inventory. I have bought two used Glocks for really good deals there. I could have easily been in that store when this went down. The two guys that are in there most of the time do not appear to be armed.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The Pawn Shop down the street from where I work always has the employees armed probably since they buy and sell handguns and rifles there.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
The two pawn shops I've been to recently both have all employees armed at all times. First is Cherokee Gun and Coin in Alpharetta, and the second is Mr. Pawn over in Lilburn.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welsh has been around in Savannah for quite some time (97 years according to their website). The Skidaway store is not quite so old, and that area of town has gone down hill over the last couple decades.

Welsh isn't like some pawn shops that focus heavily on guns. From the last time I visited the Skidaway Rd. store, they were mostly focused on Jewelry.

Another story on it at http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13539426 and a video link story of the owner increasing their portion of the reward at http://www2.wsav.com/news/2010/nov/23/pawn-shop-owner-adds-reward-money-search-shooters-ar-1126298.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
I can't ever remember going into a pawn shop around here where all or some of the employees weren't OCing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man, How can you work around guns and not carry one yourself? Especially in these times. I used to think all people who worked in pawn shops carried until one that I know of was robbed and the owner killed, shot in the head. The first thing I asked was did he shoot back? and one of the witnesses said he didn't carry a gun. :(

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Should forward this to chucks gun and pawn. None of the employees or customer are allowed to carry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts