Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Click link above and read the article. You need more details on it but the really good part (from link above) is below.

Nemo

"At this time, it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals," the sheriff's statement continued. "The suspect is one of the deceased on scene."

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,017 Posts
Was this a robbery?
A random nutcase killin' people in public, and the public place happened to be a gun store & range?

Or was it customer service failure ---where the staff at the gun store, (perhaps rudely) told the would-be customer that he was doing something wrong and unsafe, violating the rules of the establishment, and the customer bowed-up and started screaming about how "it's my God-given right, shall not be infringed, blah blah blah..."

Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Based on available info (more would be great) I suggest it was a revenge type shooting. He went into the store, shot 2 people and was leaving. That indicates they were targeted specifically. I am comfortable this was some type of domestic issue, cheating spouse, spurned lover or similar.

Shooter was engaged and killed outside store-- while trying to make his escape from the scene. Were it to be a-- kill you then myself-- he most likely would have done that in store also.

The other 2 wounded were likely employees/customers who were nearby and were shot to clear the way out or attempting to intervene themselves.

Interesting way its noted on MSN website. See below.

Nemo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...t-at-louisiana-gun-outlet-sheriff/ar-BB1dRAfx

It happened near a gun shop and shooting range on the 6700 block of Airline Drive in Metairie, La., just west of New Orleans, and armed bystanders helped subdue the gunman, according to authorities.

"At this time, it appears a suspect shot two victims inside the location, then was engaged and shot outside the location by multiple other individuals," the sheriff's statement continued. "The suspect is one of the deceased on scene."

It was not immediately clear whether the good Samaritans were customers, outlet employees or other individuals.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Report on ABC station credited back to CNN.

Nemo

https://abc7.com/louisiana-shooting-new-orleans-jefferson-gun-outlet-store/10358121/

One initial shooter fatally shot two people inside the store, according to Lopinto. Both victims were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Several people then engaged the original suspect inside and outside the store, leaving two more people injured with gunshot wounds, the sheriff said.

A press release from the sheriff's office said the third person killed was the original shooter.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Posts above compared to local radio station report.

Just shows never rely on one source for all the info. (Except me as a source)

Nemo

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-news/louis...ad-armed-citizens-credited-with-saving-lives/

Louisiana shooting spree leaves 3 dead; armed citizens credited with saving lives
February 20, 2021

Armed citizens were credited with limiting fatalities in a shooting in Louisiana on Saturday that left three people dead, including the suspect, according to authorities.

The outburst, at a gun store and range just down the road from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, also left two people wounded, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

continued

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
And very interesting story on the Sun. Click link, just part here.

Nemo

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14112...igating-shooting-multiple-deaths-new-orleans/

Lopinto said the gunman entered the gun store with a loaded gun unholstered.

The man then got into an argument with the clerk, who told him he was not allowed to have a loaded gun in the store until he arrived inside the range.

That's when the man started shooting, with two customers on the range engaging with the man.

The man left the building and then started shooting at others while yelling "where is my son?"

Lopinto said the man likely shot two people inside the store and another few customers outside the location.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
A couple of local news outlets. Appears a young black man didn't take kindly to being told to unload his openly hand carried pistol which was in violation of the store's rules. So he shoots a few people and decides to go get some food across the street at Taco Bell. Other folks see things differently and decide his Taco Bell order can wait.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_231194e6-740d-11eb-893c-bf26a7b81a52.html
The sources said Joshua Jamal Williams carried a pistol with an extended clip into the gun store and indoor shooting range at 6719 Airline Drive about 3 p.m. Saturday when staff told him to unload his weapon. Rules prohibit people from having loaded guns out while away from the range.
Williams subsequently fired a warning round before fatally shooting a store clerk, 47-year-old Noah Fischbach, who was married and was a father, one of the sources said. Several armed people at Jefferson Gun Outlet then began exchanging gunfire with Williams.
Bunch of pictures here.
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Sheriff-3-dead-in-gun-store-shooting-in-New-15966655.php

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Everytime I read "LA" I think it is a California story.

·
68,161 Posts
The man left the building and then started shooting at others while yelling "where is my son?"

Mental illness?

·
68,161 Posts

·
68,161 Posts
According to the most recent story, link in post #14, he first shot a woman who was trying to leave.

So much for his family's claim that he went into the gun store and everybody just tried to murder him.

Then he went back into the store and murdered the clerk.

Over 100 shell casings recovered at the scene.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Most detailed news report so far.

Nemo

·
68,161 Posts
Two shields were placed in the parking lot, which is normally used to block the view of the bodies. A person's immobile hand was visible on the edge, and a pistol with an extended magazine lay nearby on the ground. On a folding chair about fifteen feet away a woman sat screaming, "Josh, this is Mom. I love you."

https://wikibious.com/joshua-jamal-williams/

Mama is claiming her boy was murdered.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,017 Posts
Yes, isn't that typical for mothers of murderous thugs?
They'll all say:

"He wud a good boy! An he wuz the cutest kid. He like zebras and dinosaurs and ate Froot Loops.
He never did nothing to nobody!
Now he's got kilt, and he din doo nuffin!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts