They're doin' it for the kids

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Boy Racer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

What the #@&^$ is this about?[/url]

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Regardless if its "for the children", some capitalist is about to make some money. :)

3. M249

M249 New Member

I think it's a brilliant idea...

for those Moms that won't let their children play sports because they might get hurt. Is there anything wrong with making money off the irrational?

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I wonder if any children who posess these in MD will be charged for violation their law preventing anyone from having body armor. Also, these things will work their way into the wrong hands and the kids bringing guns to school will get ahold of these and be armed against the cops now.

I'm all for capitalizing on the emotions of the overprotective moms though.

5. merlock

merlock New Member

+1

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

similar to the kevlar vests that a company now puts in school uniforms in the UK to prevent stabbings and shootings.

7. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

But there is a gun ban in the UK, why would they need it for shootings?

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Well, since they fear orphaned .22 cartridges, I'm assuming they need it to be bulletproof to protect from those little paper-wrapped things that you throw on the floor to make popping sounds.

9. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

from what I can tell, these things will only work if you're getting stabbed/shot in the back. Great thing to reinforce, run from your attacker.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I'd love to have one.
    I wouldn't pay for it, but if they were going to give me one I'd take it & likely use it. It could make the difference between me getting shot in the back & put out of a fight or me getting knocked to the ground and able to roll over & return fire on the SOB that just shot me in the back. Much more subtle and stylish than walking around with a vest on also. 8)

Not sure how good that level II rating is though. I've never looked into body armor. If this would only stop a .22 I'm not really interested. If it will afford me realatively good protection for .45 then sign me up.

11. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Level II isn't good for much more than 9mm.

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Wouldn't be any good for kids anyway.
    Not clear or mesh. :roll: