Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289153,00.html

The resolution passed by a vote of 223-201. That's nowhere near enough to get past the Bush veto.

So far all the Dems have done is gain control of Congress touting an anti-war platform, yet they have offered no true solution. This again is another piece of their "feel good" legislation.

When will they learn?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
It is more symbolic than anything else. It shows that at this time in our history our legislative branch is opposed to the continued occupation.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rammstein said:
It is more symbolic than anything else. It shows that at this time in our history our legislative branch is opposed to the continued occupation.
Symbolic legislation fixes nothing and costs taxpayers money.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the war, but this whole "we're puffing our chest out because we disagree" legislation has accomplished, nor will it accomplish anything.

I still hear everyday on the news how the Dems want us to pull out - they've been beating that drum for a while. No one - Bush included - is offering a viable alternative or solution though.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
I still hear everyday on the news how the Dems want us to pull out - they've been beating that drum for a while. No one - Bush included - is offering a viable alternative or solution though.
If only the parents of some key politicians had a decent pull-out strategy. :?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
AV8R said:
wsweeks2 said:
:ttiwwp:

:-s

:puke:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AV8R said:
I wasn't going to go there, but thank you for getting that out there for us.

:lol:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
I actually had a fleeting thought that it might have been in poor taste. Turns out, I decided it was merely "less than desirable" taste. :wink:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AV8R said:
I actually had a fleeting thought that it might have been in poor taste. Turns out, I decided it was merely "less than desirable" taste. :wink:
That makes it even better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts