They fail to realize one thing

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wsweeks2, Jul 13, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289153,00.html

The resolution passed by a vote of 223-201. That's nowhere near enough to get past the Bush veto.

So far all the Dems have done is gain control of Congress touting an anti-war platform, yet they have offered no true solution. This again is another piece of their "feel good" legislation.

When will they learn?

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

November 4, 2008

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It is more symbolic than anything else. It shows that at this time in our history our legislative branch is opposed to the continued occupation.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Symbolic legislation fixes nothing and costs taxpayers money.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the war, but this whole "we're puffing our chest out because we disagree" legislation has accomplished, nor will it accomplish anything.

I still hear everyday on the news how the Dems want us to pull out - they've been beating that drum for a while. No one - Bush included - is offering a viable alternative or solution though.

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

If only the parents of some key politicians had a decent pull-out strategy. :?

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:ttiwwp:

:-s

:puke:

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I wasn't going to go there, but thank you for getting that out there for us.

:lol:

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I actually had a fleeting thought that it might have been in poor taste. Turns out, I decided it was merely "less than desirable" taste. :wink:

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

That makes it even better!