They came for the guns, I said nothing, because I had none.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by HydroAuto, Dec 15, 2010.

1. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

But now they've come for the cribs!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-crib-ban-story,0,5701539.story

This is amazing.

Now there will be a black market for pre-ban cribs.

35 deaths? Over ten years? That's all it took to cause the federal government to spring into action and write sweeping legislation that probably oversteps its actual authority, once again?

This is not a good thing, not a good thing at all.

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

32 by shooter(that offed himself) in one day...still forbidden to carry on campus.

Hello Washington or better yet Virginia.

I know, I know I'm way off base.

Back on topic, I apologize to the OP.

3. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

What irks me is that they're regulating not only the manufacturer's, but the secondary market. I can still buy & sells cars that don't have seat belts or airbags provided they came that way from the manufacturer, not with cribs. If I want to sell a crib, it is now an ongoing concern of the government.

4. mountainpass

Got it.

Sell your used Ford Pinto, but do not, I mean do not sell a used crib.

5. mountainpass

I wonder how many deaths per year are related to space heaters?

6. Mortalis

Mortalis New Member

Another fine example of the government worring about necessary things instead of more important things at hand. Mainly the economy. I could see this being brought up if there was no deficit, no one out of a job, and people standing in line for a place to eat and sleep.

Sure no one wants to loose a child but their energy could be spent elsewhere. Just imo.

7. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Just more fiddling while Rome burns. Are we really all that surprised? This is the Federal gubmint we're talking about.

8. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

More government insanity :roll: :roll: :roll:

9. groats

groats New Member

But..but.. it's for the CHILDREN!

Since nearly 99% of childrens' accidental deaths are caused by something an adult did - whether it was driving a car or building a pool - I suggest we outlaw adults.

They are the biggest threat to children by far.

10. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Good thing my wife says I'm nothing more than a big kid.

11. Priest

Priest New Member

Ford Pinto was much safer than the media would have made people believe... it was a lot of media hype really. Out of the millions of cars produced and sold under the pinto or bobcat name from 1971 to 1980, there were 27 deaths related to fire in any way. In fact, no more people died in fires in a Pinto than any other average car. Pintos had more new safety features that actually worked than any other car at the time...

If you want to find a car more likely to kill you if rearended... look at the Panther chassis our cops drive, better known as the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis... but even that one isn't big freaky numbers.

12. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

More gubmint insanity! :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

They will be banning everything in good time. You know, for the children's safety!

There will be law enforcement stings, answering ads for people selling their used baby cribs. The War on Baby Cribs. :screwy:

13. cwats04

cwats04 Member

Carry on campus is not restricted by law in Virginia (unless it has changed in the last year). It is restricted by the colleges themselves.

:screwy: :evil: