They Always Shoot the Dog - Wrong House!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oops!

Dog shot. Mama and baby injured by bullet fragments. Oh, you mean they put the wrong address on the warrant?

Oops! :shock: :oops:

Wrong house. Deputy shoots dog, injures mom and child.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Malum Prohibitum

Yeah, they used "code enforcement" as an excuse to get in. :roll: so UPDATE: No warrant.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

So, was he aiming for the dog's paw? :lol:

4. Malum Prohibitum

"The abatement team addresses unsafe living conditions and includes armed deputies for the safety of environmental health workers, Garcia said."

Yes, sir, whatever you say, sir!

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

So, where were the abatement workers that needed to be defended from this marauding canine?

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

7. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

i would sue them till i owned the whole dang dept.... I don't have kids and my dang dog it the only family I have here....

mess with me or my dog and it's :shoot:

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

It's much easier to whip out the sidearm than to dispense a quick dose of mace I guess.

Cops shoot dogs all the time in Georgia. You don't hear about it on the news. They shoot enough people that it isn't really newsworthy.

You won't get crap if they shoot yours. Maybe 200$ to buy another. They are property.

If I were the homeowners I would have shot back. I know I'm law-abiding.

Here is another.

Officer Shoots Dog While Looking For Water-Balloon Thrower

Dog was leashed. Many cops are pus :censored: 's when it comes to dogs.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13219954/detail.html

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Thats what I was wondering. What the hell were they trying to protect! I am sick of hearing how cops treat DOGS. I wonder what would happen if one of their dogs lunged at me and I shot it in self defense!

I agree with foshizzle on this one. Cops need to get a grip when it comes to dogs.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

wonder how that would turn out after I get my shrink on the stand to explain why I've had to have a few hundred hours of therapy because I was so attached to my beloved pet that had been with me for 12 years & I dressed him up in cloths & took him everywhere with me & I was basically as attached to this animal as I would have been to a child.

(no i don't dress my dog up. That is the stupidest thing ever but you get my point.)

11. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Perhaps, perhaps not. A started English lab from championship bloodlines, plus all the expenses of acquiring the dog could run one $5-10K. If they're at my home illegaly like this, I'd get every dime of that. I don't think juries of 12, even in conservative jurisdictions, look kindly on armed officers at their property shooting their animals.

12. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

If someone shot my dog in the paw, then I would shoot them in the foot.

Twice.

I've wondered what would transpire if the SWAT team got the wrong address and broke into my house. I would probably end up dead and take none (zero) of them with me, but from the time someone kicked the door in until they shot me I would be firing in their direction through doors and walls (the wife and dog sleep in the room with me... plus I'm sure of my target and what's behind it when I shoot randomly :wink:)... then my wife would get to sue them and she would be rich for the rest of her life... she could even afford to dress the dog up in a suit complimented with MP's tie(I've never seen his tie)... at least to my funeral...

Right MP?

13. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Don't forget to fix the dog up for maximum sympathy in the courtroom! :p

[​IMG]

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

If you did that, you would be charged the same as if you shot a cop as police K-9s are considered officers just like people. Shoot a cop, go to prison. Shoot a cop dog, go to prison. Pretty simple.

Cops shoot your dog, maybe a "sorry 'bout that", but probably not even that much...

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

So Mac, you are telling me that police dogs are "officers" but citizen's dogs are property?

16. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I wonder if a jury has ever ruled on a case such as that.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Pretty much.

18. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Sometimes they burn the dogs to death:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/33289.html

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Like I said in another thread.... Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a threat to freedom in America (or at least Arizona). He is nothing but a tyrant.

Sic Semper Tyranis