Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1911's and the Glock 19. Great guns, love 'em or hate 'em.

So when I got the chance to trade into a G19 gen 4, I jumped on it. Glad to have a great little 9mm Glock back in the stable :)

I love the new frame texture and the mag release is perfect now, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My pistols were as follows:

- Glock 19
- EAA Witness P Compact
- RIA Nickle Plated 1911
- Springfield 3.8" XDm 9mm
- RIA Officer 1911 .45

And now Im going back to a Glock 9mm, this time a Glock 17 though.

Ugly as sin, but just can argue the functionality.

My wife did have a Beretta PX4 for christmas for me, but due to lack of market support we were able to exchange it for the Gen 4 Glock 17.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nice :righton: I love my Glocks because they have never failed me and the ease of working on them. I am waiting until all the bugs are worked prior to purchasing a gen 4.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ricka01 said:
Is it easier to reach the mag release with the thumb on a Gen 4 than the Gen 3?
For me, it is. I don't have to adjust my grip at all to hit the mag release. That is a great improvement over the Gen 3, IMHO. Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks. I had no intention of checking out the gen 4, but now I do because I had the same problem of having to adjust my grip a little to get to the mag release.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got a chance to shoot the new G19 Gen4. 100rds of WWB FMJ and no problems with any of the 3 mags. Recoil seems to be even more tame than with the Gen3's I've owned...could be the new dual recoil spring/could just be my perception. Anyway, glad to get some shooting in and a good time was had by all.

Looking forward to launching many more rounds downrange with the G19G4 :righton:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying your G4 19. I have the G4 22 as my nightstand gun, and I love the new texture. However, my 23 is G3 and I'm not looking at stepping into a G4 due to the grip texture being a little too rough for IWB carry IMO.

If you start carrying your 19, could you provide some feedback as to how the texture has affected its comfort (if at all?)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
And a Glock is not one of them. I require a safety, Glocks don't have one. Sorry that 'thing' on the trigger does not qualify and then there is the grip issue and the fugly factor. :wink:

S&W's 14,15,29,59,,, o hell lets just say all of them made of metal and the M&P.45 full size with thumb safety. Mile deep polished blue & Black Chrome is to die for. :righton:
Yeah, I'm old like that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Long pull on a revolver qualifies in my mind. In the middle of the night even I don't trust my well trained finger to a Glock. :snore: Not worth the risk. Unlike you young guys I was trained on revolvers and later on SA/DA's with a safety or a decocker. I'm just too old to re train. My system works for me, maybe not for others.
Different strokes for different folks. :wink: Old skool, that's how I roll. :eek:ldtimer:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries. I was just asking.

In my mind the trigger on the Glock is just as safe as the DAO pull on my J-frame S&W. I only put my finger on the trigger when I know I'm going to squeeze, so with either I'm safe. IIRC, a Glock's trigger travel is .5" anyway.

Anyways, like you said different strokes for different folks. However, I am completely opposite and do not own any DA/SA/De-cocker guns. I just can't get used to the two distinctly different trigger pulls. It's either DAO, DA striker-fired, or SA as in 1911's for me. Same pull every time. That's how I was taught. I'm a youngster @32 and learned pistol shooting on Glocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts