There are a few firearms that I always fall back to...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RepeatDefender, Dec 1, 2010.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

1911's and the Glock 19. Great guns, love 'em or hate 'em.

So when I got the chance to trade into a G19 gen 4, I jumped on it. Glad to have a great little 9mm Glock back in the stable :)

I love the new frame texture and the mag release is perfect now, IMHO.

[​IMG]

2. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

My pistols were as follows:

- Glock 19
    - EAA Witness P Compact
    - RIA Nickle Plated 1911
    - Springfield 3.8" XDm 9mm
    - RIA Officer 1911 .45

And now Im going back to a Glock 9mm, this time a Glock 17 though.

Ugly as sin, but just can argue the functionality.

My wife did have a Beretta PX4 for christmas for me, but due to lack of market support we were able to exchange it for the Gen 4 Glock 17.

3. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Nice :righton: I love my Glocks because they have never failed me and the ease of working on them. I am waiting until all the bugs are worked prior to purchasing a gen 4.

4. ricka01

ricka01 New Member

Is it easier to reach the mag release with the thumb on a Gen 4 than the Gen 3?

5. RepeatDefender

For me, it is. I don't have to adjust my grip at all to hit the mag release. That is a great improvement over the Gen 3, IMHO. Of course, YMMV.

6. ricka01

ricka01 New Member

Thanks. I had no intention of checking out the gen 4, but now I do because I had the same problem of having to adjust my grip a little to get to the mag release.

7. RepeatDefender

Finally got a chance to shoot the new G19 Gen4. 100rds of WWB FMJ and no problems with any of the 3 mags. Recoil seems to be even more tame than with the Gen3's I've owned...could be the new dual recoil spring/could just be my perception. Anyway, glad to get some shooting in and a good time was had by all.

Looking forward to launching many more rounds downrange with the G19G4 :righton:

8. SaltySamurai

SaltySamurai New Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying your G4 19. I have the G4 22 as my nightstand gun, and I love the new texture. However, my 23 is G3 and I'm not looking at stepping into a G4 due to the grip texture being a little too rough for IWB carry IMO.

If you start carrying your 19, could you provide some feedback as to how the texture has affected its comfort (if at all?)

9. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

And a Glock is not one of them. I require a safety, Glocks don't have one. Sorry that 'thing' on the trigger does not qualify and then there is the grip issue and the fugly factor. :wink:

S&W's 14,15,29,59,,, o hell lets just say all of them made of metal and the M&P.45 full size with thumb safety. Mile deep polished blue & Black Chrome is to die for. :righton:
    Yeah, I'm old like that. :lol:

10. STONEWALL0628

STONEWALL0628 New Member

But your finger qualify!

11. RepeatDefender

Do you own any revolvers?

12. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Long pull on a revolver qualifies in my mind. In the middle of the night even I don't trust my well trained finger to a Glock. :snore: Not worth the risk. Unlike you young guys I was trained on revolvers and later on SA/DA's with a safety or a decocker. I'm just too old to re train. My system works for me, maybe not for others.
    Different strokes for different folks. :wink: Old skool, that's how I roll. :oldtimer:

13. RepeatDefender

No worries. I was just asking.

In my mind the trigger on the Glock is just as safe as the DAO pull on my J-frame S&W. I only put my finger on the trigger when I know I'm going to squeeze, so with either I'm safe. IIRC, a Glock's trigger travel is .5" anyway.

Anyways, like you said different strokes for different folks. However, I am completely opposite and do not own any DA/SA/De-cocker guns. I just can't get used to the two distinctly different trigger pulls. It's either DAO, DA striker-fired, or SA as in 1911's for me. Same pull every time. That's how I was taught. I'm a youngster @32 and learned pistol shooting on Glocks.