Theoretical Question

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Adam5, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I know that some of my favorite restaurants are off limits to carry. I know that it's a misdemeanor to carry there. My question is this: IF I were ti get caught carrying at Stoney River, would just pay a fine? go to jail? lose my permit? all of the above?

2. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Maybe. Maybe. Yes.

Carrying a deadly weapon to a public gathering is a misdemeanor which in the great police state of Georgia means that you can be fined up to $1000 and imprisoned up to a year. And from what I understand you'll have to wait atleast 3 years after your "punishment" before you're even eligable to apply for a GFL again.

My advice is to stay away from "public gatherings" altogether. If that is not possible, then conceal, conceal, conceal the best you can. If you're discovered then I would invoke subsection (d) of the public gathering law.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Do what you have to do.

Part of that plan centers around having a good rig, so one can feel confident that they are not showing their weapon off.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Of course, Rammstein is not likely to post your bail. :wink:

P.S. Rammstein, isn't it a little irritating listening to devil music in German? :lol:

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Entschuldigen mich? Ich verstehen Sie nicht.

My breadth of musical taste is quite vast actually. Some weeks I only listen to classical along with just music just made by cellos (which is actually very good). Last week I was listening to rap. This week I am listening to a lot of mellow music, think Marley and 311.

With 25Gbs of music I could listen for 16 days straight and not hear the same song twice.

8)

7. Malum Prohibitum

Ich war ein soldat in Deuthschland fur zwei jahre, aber Ich spreche keine Deustsche, oder Ich habe nur ein beischen gelernt. Ich verstehe deise Musik nicht von Rammstein.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Zwei jahre und du sprichst kein Deutsch? Ich glaube das doch nicht!

Was verstehst du nicht?

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1 on the music. Friday when I left the office, I forgot to turn off my Ipod. When I got to the office this morning, the same playlist was still running. :D

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

As far as the original question is concerned, I use a good rig. I carry either a G19 or G17 in a Comptac Shirt Tucker or Galco Stow and GO depending on what my plans are. I'm also considering changing my carry piece to a G26 or something along the lines of a Bersa Thunder. I really want a Walther PPK, but don't think it's in the budget.

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

It's a misdemeanor as others said. If your piece gets seen, there is probably a small chance the cops will get called.. larger if you are somewhere in a major city I guess.. Unless you are acting a fool, there is also a decent chance that they will take you outside, run your info, check your permit and let you go. Will the cops arrest someone who carried a gun into a prohibited place? Maybe. Probably much worse if you get caught in the courthouse or school than an Applebees though.

The best way is to work to change the law as Malum said. That way, you don't have to fear anything.

If you must carry... conceal well or get something small. Those Kel-Tec .380's are so small it's scary. I wear long T-shirts or will wrap my hoodie or long sleeve shirt around my waist. I look kinda stupid but nobody is going to see anything. I look pretty stupid anyways haha.

It's pretty easy to avoid places serving alcohol alltogether. I rarely go in a place that serves once I adjusted my habits. If you get caught, you run the risk of getting in trouble... factor that into your decisions. Maybe it's an excuse to find more restaurants?

Bleh to the PPK. Heavy. .380. Slices up my hand. You would probably be better off with a Kahr or Kel-Tec 9mm if you go that route. Even a .38spl J-Frame.

12. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Is my hard drive messed up again? I can't read this. :lol:

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It's all an optical illusion.... 8)

That, or it is a glitch in the Matrix.

14. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Looks like pig latin to me... j/k

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I sent in my application this morning. :D

16. john

john New Member

I sent My ap and $ last month, don't I get a card or at least the secret pass word or something?