The two prohibited places that concern me most

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Defensor, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Defensor

Defensor New Member

As an avid sportsman I find the two situations below of great concern. The first more so in terms of personal safety. The second more in terms of personal protection.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone ever submitted a request to the Disctric Commander of the Army Corps of Engineers?

The hunting regs seem a bit silly to me. One would think that John Q. Public would be expected to hunt according to regulations with regard to to weapons authorized within a given season and be dealt with accordingly if he does not. This should not have any impact on ones ability to carry for personal protection. Not to mention the fact that firing 3 arrows into the air will not likely bring help.

As for the second, I regularly go fishing alone and find myself at a boat ramp during twilight hours where there are people loitering near the top of the ramp who obviously have nothing to do with boating or fishing, and I have yet to see any game or law enforcement offical at any boat ramp

GA DNR Hunting Regulations:

Archers may not possess any centerfire, rimfire, or muzzleloading firearm while hunting during the archery deer season.

Primitive weapons hunters may not possess any centerfire or rimfire firearm while hunting during the primitive weapons season for deer.

Army Corps of Enginners Rules:

§ 327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.

(a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:

(1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;

(2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under § 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;

(3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or

(4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.

(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.

[65 FR 6901, Feb. 11, 2000]

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

While I cannot answer your questions directly; it is my opinion that preservation of life is far more important than laws that limit ones options.

With regard to the boating situation I would suggest you have your firearm in the car if not the boat.

There is another thread around here that deals with boating and firearms on board. Might want to look into that.

3. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

rammstein
    do you know were that thread is , this is something i would like to know about

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

5. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member