The Tube

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds… We’re all you know. You’re beginning to believe the illusions we’re spinning here. You’re beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even think like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God’s name, you people are the real thing! We are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I’m speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF…

2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Right now, there is a whole, an entire generation that never knew anything that didn't come out of this tube. This tube is the gospel, the ultimate revelation; this tube can make or break presidents, popes, prime ministers; this tube is the most awesome :censored: propaganda force in the whole godless world, and woe is us if it ever falls into the hands of the wrong people.... And when the 12th largest company in the world controls the most awesome :censored: propaganda force in the whole godless world, who knows what :censored: will be peddled for truth on this network?

3. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I've preaching that for a long time now. This also applies to ALL online "news" sources. Turn it off. If something significant that *actually* affects your life, I am pretty confident you will hear about it.

Speaking of which, I need to go ahead and finish deleting all my Facebook crap and deleting the account. It is a useless platform and adds very little to my life.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The Network, in case anybody is wondering.

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I get my news from multiple internet sources; many are foreign sources. I only own one screen with a TV tuner inside, and it gets watched 10 mins/wk at most.

6. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Haven't had television since not long after we got married. It almost been 40 years. We watch VCR and DVD movies and shows sometimes. But not TV programs!

7. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

I recognized it immediately.

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnHfuGXBdM[/ame]

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Well, that hits the spot.

Nemo

10. ET.

ET. Active Member

I still watch a lot of TV at night. I have noticed an inordinate amount of liberal messages in the programing and content. Anti gun propaganda pops up in many of the series, plus climate change is big. In watching these shows one would think that 20% of our society is LBGT. Every show seems to be pushing that propaganda now. Racism is also being pushed in these shows. This nation is the least racist in our history, yet liberals want us to believe racism is at an all time high. When I was a kid blacks went to their own schools, could not drink from our water fountains, had to sit in the balcony at the movie theater, had to sit in the back of the bus, etc. That was racism. Now, if I disagree with our black president, I am presumed to be racist. "Our black president" says everything. We elected a black president...twice, and somehow we are still a racist nation...really?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  11. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Well, here's an alternative to the smut that's on TV now. It's more aimed at those that have "cut the cord" but the programming looks fairly interesting.

https://www.curiositystream.com

12. Nemo

Yes, turn the tube off. Get out your phone and go find Pokemon!

Nemo

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

That's what one would say after listening to talk radio.

14. Nemo

And be tracked, monitored and all your electronic communications reviewed and evaluated by the feds while you are doing it.

Nemo

15. phaed

phaed Active Member

there are some great movie monologues out there. here's another...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCfLY53mSA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCfLY53mSA[/ame]