The Thomasville 43rd Annual Fly-In

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Savvy Jack, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

http://www.thomasvilleflyin.com/

Come join us for the 43rd Annual Fly-In the 2nd weekend in October at the Thomasville, Georgia Airport!!
    October 8, 9, and 10, 2010

Free, just keep your hands in your pockets!

Only ONE building MAY house a government entity! That would be the main terminal!

2. seereus

seereus Active Member

A client of mine gave me my very first plane ride in a plane very much like the one in the second picture. It was some kind of trainer that he borrowed from his neighbor.

3. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Made by Boeing during the war. Civilian "A75", Military "PT-17" both called it a "Stearman".

4. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

I used to live in Galesburg Il. Their annual stearman fly-in is awesome.

5. seereus

seereus Active Member

For some reason the Stearman (Yellow biplane?)was not loading yesterday. The one I'm speaking of is the one that has the red markings over silver, I guess pic #3. Looks like a old dive bomber or something such as that.

6. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

That would be a basic North American AT-6, WWII "Advanced Trainer".

7. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Dang, I did not know I was pictured in there. Thats me on the far left next to my dad in the last photo on the bottom (red airplane). This airplane, 1928 Stinson Detroiter, belongs to Bob Hedgecock of Barnsville, Ga

8. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Fly-In a great success. By 10:30 am this morning there were 250+ airplanes and at least 300+ by noon. I, with my friend, sat under the wing of his 1944 Howard DGA much of the day and sat by the runway most of the morning. Talked with few LEOs about the airplane stuff....but no mention of my revolver.

At no time, other than most of my friends, did anyone comment on my revolver...not even the LEOs. I guess the sheeple didn't get scared this time...but then again, this is south Georgia, not Atlanta!