The Sig fad...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Blackadder, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I'm not sure who started the Sig Sauer trend on this board, but whoever it was may be held partly accountable for putting me in the dog house (again).

Dammit, I want one. DA/SA in .357sig w/ night sights.

How long do ya'll think I can hold out?

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I know someone on the board what had one for sale. You might still be able to talk him out of it.

You won't be able to hold out long. You can try, but resistance is futile.

EDIT: Sigs are NOT a fad. Weren't the HKs a fad around here for a while? LOL.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

They are great guns...and 357 Sig.....ohhh...I need a towel. :D

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:lol:

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I think it may be partly my fault, for buying two Sigs within a month of each other and posting gun pr0n all over the board.

I do know that I got the idea from someone who took Ken's class, but I don't recall who. Several of us bought Sigs around that time.

6. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Yup, and then I was reading all those dirty posts and looking at so much SIG prOn that I couldn't stand it, ended up with a 229 and 239. :D

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Resistance is futile :twisted:

8. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I know Franklin's is a Sig dealer, but I really don't want to pay out the nose for one.

Any suggestions on a great place to buy a Sig within an hour's drive of Athens?

9. VolGrad

I wouldn't go to Franklin's for anything. I wouldn't p!$$ on them if they were on fire. Clyde still has some in stock, depending in what you are looking for.

Check that - Go to Clyde first, if they don't have what you are looking for go to Franklin's. Track someone down to show you some stuff, tell the guy with the pony tail to stop talking (he has nothing good to say anyway), handle all the pistols you want, make a purchase decision, then leave empty handed. When you get home call Ted Goodridge at TNG Hardware. They are out of DFW, TX. I found him on the SigForum. His prices are very competitive and include shipping.

TNG Hardware, Ted Goodridge, (877)362-8720. Be sure to tell him I referred you. He mailed my Sig 220R Carry on Wednesday. See Ted's ad on SigForum here.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/474101869

I also talked to Jerry at Ordnance Outfitters (can't remember where they are located in metro) and they seemed to have good prices too.

10. tace

tace New Member

Actually, it was Ken who got this whole Sig thing started by hyping them up so much ;)

11. VolGrad

PS You are welcome to handle and shoot mine if you like before you decide what to get. I have a 226R (9mm) and soon will have a 220R Carry (.45). However, I likely won't get to shoot for a couple of weeks. I have out of town guests for the next two weekends. Next time I go I will post and ask if anyone wants to join me.

12. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I bought a couple of GLOCKs from Clyde and they're pretty good guys.
    It's easy to get pissed at the guys at Franklin's if you don't realize that they are so far removed from reality they have no way of knowing they're offending you. It is the only place in town you can buy 1/32 oz. Panther Martin Trout lures though, so I usually have to go in there a couple of times in the Spring.

Let me get my ducks in a row and I'll give Ted a call. I appreciate the info.

13. VolGrad

No kidding about TNG and telling him I referred you.

When I decided I wanted another Sig I price checked everywhere on the different Forums for new ones. Most of the dealers can't advertise their actual prices. Sig makes makes them sign a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreement or something or another. You have to e-mail or call them for their actual price. The best deals I could find were at TNG and SCP (both have advertising threads in the classified section of SigForum). What I found between the two was the prices were basically the same at first glance; then you realize that TNG's price included shipping and NS but SCP's didn't.

I would prefer to buy locally but most of the places I called were slightly if not much higher and would have to pay sales tax. Even if you have to pay a small FFL transfer fee you are usually better off $wise out of state.

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Sig's aren't a fad - I've had my 226 for 11 years now.

15. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I have always liked Sigs. I heard a rumor they may quit making DA/SA weapons and move to DAO or DAK. The new P250 is DAK (or LDA or whatever you want to call it). I really like the DA/SA, GunNut has a DAK 229 and it is interesting. I think I like the HK version of that a bit better on his HK 2000.

16. GunNut

GunNut New Member

LDA is Para Ordnance...which is also nice. :D

The HK is LEM.

Sig is DAK.

They are all different, I'm still not sure which I like the best.

17. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

All different names for the same basic idea. LDA seems to be the proper description (Light Double Action). But it still isn't the same crisp release of a true SA pull. In my short time shooting the HK I seemed to like the break of its trigger over that of the Sig. I haven't tried Para's LDA but think that is an interesting solution for a carry 1911.

18. Rolan_Kraps

Rolan_Kraps New Member

I have a 229 with .40, .357 SIG and 9mm barrels. It's real interesting to have a "newbie" shoot the gun going from 9mm to .357 SIG.

I'll buck the trend. I DON'T like the .357 SIG. I love .40, .45, 9mm, but I find that .357 SIG is unpleasant to shoot.

[​IMG]

19. VolGrad

blackadder - I have price lists for TNG and SCP if you are interested PM me your address and I will forward them to you.

20. VolGrad

Just got home from Clyde Armory. I found a great deal for anyone in the market for a good used Sig.

LEO agency trade-in Compact 245 (.45) in DA/SA. It has XS Big Dot sights but they are pretty dim. They would be fine for daylight but if you want them for true NS you might need to replace them. I took it apart and it looked to be in great shape and not fired much at all. It was packed with tons of lube though and would need a good cleaning. Price - $399 including box and 3 magazines. If my 220 Carry wasn't arriving any day I would have taken it on th spot. Please, someone buy this before I do. They only had one.