The Shield

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, May 30, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Anyone else watch this show?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've only seen the previews. Is it any good?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

hell yeah it is. best cops show ever.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Is it one of those series where you have to watch it consecutively (like Jericho) or can I pick it up wherever?

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

To really understand it you would want to start at the beginning. I think Spike shows it in reruns on the weekends. It'd probably be worth it to pick up the DVDs to get a good jump on it. The first few seasons are the best, but it is still good. I didn't think they'd be able to stay this creative with it and keep it halfway plausible this long, but they have done a good job in doing so.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome..I'll have to check it out.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

So did you see this weeks show, legacy?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I missed this week, but the first year was definitely the best. I stopped watching it for a year when it got too raunchy, apparently for nothing more than mere shock value. (the Captain Acaveda incident was the final straw).

I started watching it again, and it seems to be getting a little better again.

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Yes, I saw most of it, which was enough to get the gist of it.

--
    The episodes are rerun at a later point in the week at least once; so, check your program guides. I think they show them again either on Thursday or Friday nights.

--
    The season ender next week should be action packed. Next season is slated to be the last season for the show. I have a perfect ending in mind, but there are lots of ways to wrap it up. There is a possibility of a spin off with "Dutch" as the lead character having moved to another division of the LAPD and being more investigation driven.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

So yeah....I can't believe that photo of Acaveda showed up! Oh man....Vic is gonna blackmail him so he can keep his job.

How is Shane gonna stop the Armenian girl from killing Vic and his family?....
    I can't wait for next week's show.

11. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

You always knew those photos were going to turn up at some point. I knew when the guy handed Vic the envelope what would be inside it.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I thought that that plot line was dead....like when Dutch strangled that cat.

13. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

That's one of the great things about this show. Anything from the past episodes is likely to resurface.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I, too, have only seen the previews. It seemed to be a pretty ruff and tumble kind of show.

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was laughing so hard when the new guy and the latina girl were getting it on and Wagenbach looks in the window and was like "awwwwwwwwww"

lol

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Oh...and I'm starting to like Billings. He is growing on me.

17. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

She was impressive. :)

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

At the risk of being yelled at by MP....."I'd hit it!"