The SauceHouse in Athens

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by kristensdaddy, Nov 13, 2017.

1. kristensdaddy

kristensdaddy Member

Stopped by to grab some BBQ at The SauceHouse in Athens after my daughters voice recital on Sunday PM. Having just left the Presbyterian church in Athens (I just had to assume they did not allow carry) I was already unarmed (on my person). Sign on the door, right at eye level, No Weapons, with a picture of gun and knife with a line through them. The BBQ was pretty good, the servings were good sized, too bad it is the last time I will eat there. And no, there were only college kids on duty so there was no one in authority with whom to register my dissatisfaction with the sign. All I could do was leave a negative review for them on Facebook.

For those of you who know the Athens area, this place is on Broad Street between the Varsity and UGA. Actually a pretty rough neighborhood.

One item of note. One of the grandparents of a recitalist had a GCO sticker on his white Ford pickup. He and I had a very nice conversation about GCO and the good it does.

2. tsangster

tsangster Member

Tactful

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Go back. Show them what I call the 4. Their sign, your permit, your sidearm and your back. Advise them you will discourage people you know from going there and tell them about the friendorfoe.us site. Let them know they should note their policy there and you will be watching and if you don't see their post in a week or so you will presume they are too busy and do it for them.

Nemo

UtiPossidetis likes this.
  4. Glockenator

Glockenator heathen infidel savage

At first, I was thinking that might be a BBQ place we ate at while helping my daughter move while at UGA. But as I read more, I don't think it is the same place. First, because I don't recall seeing such a sign. Second, because you said it was good. The little place we where we ate was horrible. Service sucked hind teat, and the food wasn't too good at all. I wish I could recall the name or location. It was a small, stand-alone old, rustic building, and either blue or grey (if I recall).

5. johnski

johnski Active Member

Athens UGA has become a liberal sh*thole. Pardon my French. Getting as bad as colleges in the West and NW part of the country.

UtiPossidetis likes this.
  6. jag_357

jag_357 New Member

I hate to break it to you...its almost most places...I am in the Augusta area and I am starting to see a trend here...used to be open to those of us that carry...now not so much. Those place that I see a sign...I take my money else where.

7. johnski

johnski Active Member

I live in Athens and would not go anywhere unarmed, especially downtown. Lots of idiotic students, drunks (mostly students), aggressive panhandlers, petty thieves, car break ins (very regular) etc. There's lots of low-income run-down housing heading into downtown from any direction then student apartments and high-income housing in downtown itself, then the University Arches right across from the main street downtown. The criminals know the students are easy pickings. At night, hell no, not ever anywhere near downtown.

8. kristensdaddy

kristensdaddy Member

this was just posted by the Saucehouse on Facebook. "Just to confirm...we allow conceal carry at Saucehouse Restaurant. However, we do not allow people to walk around like cowboys and open carry. We do not allow firearms in our bar due to alcohol affecting people's judgement. Please understand that we love our constitution and second amendment at Saucehouse and are responsible practitioners as well!"

I'll let y'all interpret the "support, but"

9. Glockenator

Glockenator heathen infidel savage

And they imply that open carry is irresponsible. I rarely open carry if not in the woods, but I wouldn't necessary classify open carry around town as irresponsible.

Oh, and they left the "ed" off of the end of the word "conceal". Then again, that habit is common. I often hear people say things like "Yesterday I text him about that". That sounds almost as dumb as "I'm gonna axe them what they think". :mrgreen:

10. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

So if merely sitting at the bar affects a patron’s judgement so bad, why don’t they take the car keys away or turn away drivers?

11. johnski

johnski Active Member

quoted and stolen, reused Rugerer, thanks :D