The Real Threat to America

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Nov 27, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

The Real Threat to America

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/opini ... cohen.html

London gets it. Why can't we?

Also, this Chertoff jerk is making off with millions of our tax-payers dollars after selling this junk to our government, and telling us we need his scanners, even though it has been proven quite ineffective at making us even safer. Follow the money seems to be a good way to get to the bottom of this.

The ex-DHS Chertoff is telling us we need these 4th amendment violating machines all the while taking it all to the bank. Who would have thought that our rights would be violated all just for money? Greed really is something, isn't it?

2. dunkel

dunkel New Member

I know I've said it before, but not sure if I've actually said it here.

Islamic extremists (or whatever the word of the day is) are not that great of a threat to us. In real terms, there is little to no danger of Osama bin Laden defeating the US military, invading us, and setting himself up as dictator and establishing Sharia Law on us. Yes, they are out to get us and have been for 1600 years, but the days of the Ottomans making it to the gates of Vienna are long gone.

The real threat from Islam is what we're doing to ourselves. Not only is it an excuse for the government to grow out of control, but the fact remains that the more the government grows in response to the thread, the less safe we are actually becoming. We're letting the terrorists be a bigger threat than they really are due to rampant political correctness while the government is pulling out the shackles for Americans instead.

Anyway, I agree with the article.

3. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Kind of like the way "gun control" works, huh?