The PPS at Forest Park is no longer available

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tace, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

That was your daily PSA.

And, NO! I am not gonna say if I bought it or not.

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I saw a couple of non-first edition pop up on gunsamerica.com....a 9mm and a .40. I'm not sure if they are in stock or if they are trying to get you to preorder one.

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Well, whomever bought it needs to get to the range quick and give us a report. I am curious.

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

He definitely should! And the best time would be this Sunday at the Bulls Eye in Cumming.

5. tace

tace New Member

Let's say I took it for a spin. Great little gun, wonderful sights, very accurate and recoil is no biggie. My first 3 shots were in the chest of the target and were all touching each other. I was shooting American Eagle 115 grain 9mms and by round 75 the gun was broken. The managers at the range looked at it and at first they thought they fixed it. Then 5 more rounds, the slide locked back and wouldn't release. Apparently there is a little design flaw in the slide release lever spring. So, they are sending the gun back to S&W (they are a S&W dealer), with a nasty letter. Oh, there were some scratches on the slide, looked like holster wear, even though it was brand new.

I could have kept the gun and dealed with S&W myself, but I really couldn't trust this gun as my carry anymore. That and the fact that I couldn't afford it in the first place, so I took it as a sign and walked away.

6. budder

Oh :( But at least it shot well when it was working. How is it on size? Pocketable?

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Thanks for passing along the info. That would be enough to scare me off too.

8. tace

tace New Member

Size was only slightly larger than a PF-9, only in the tail part. Pocketable, if you have cargo pants.

Yes, it shot well, but that's a moot point, it has to work better than 99.9% to be a carry gun. You wouldn't expect an HK, SIG, Glock or XD to fail within 75 rounds.

9. budder

But if there are problems, there's bound to be a V2.